• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

Wasn't he "supposedly" telling recruits and their parents that he'd be at Wake while they were there because the school couldn't afford to fire him last year? I seem to remember that someone semi-credible implied as much. So if that is true, Danny really does not give two craps what anyone else thinks.

There is no way any coach would have said anything like that. Anyone who posted that can never be thought of as credible. That's more batshit crazy than anything Trump has ever said.

Correct. Everything right now is about slowing it down enough to not overwhelm the system all at once. Once testing starts to cover more of the population and we can target spreaders, this will get way easier. The economy won't survive 90 days of this, let alone 18 months. Hotels and airlines can barely survive a couple weeks without revenue.

True. But it’s possible there will be other periods where everything shuts down for this same purpose. For example, the virus could slow down in the summer and ramp up in the Fall.

True. But it’s possible there will be other periods where everything shuts down for this same purpose. For example, the virus could slow down in the summer and ramp up in the Fall.

By then we should have far better testing and procedure in place so that only those with the virus need to shelter in place rather than the entire population. The problem right now is that we just don't know who has it.

There is no way any coach would have said anything like that. Anyone who posted that can never be thought of as credible. That's more batshit crazy than anything Trump has ever said.

Actually, it is true and it came right out of the mouth of a recruit’s parent.

He didn’t say exactly what was previously posted but the recruit’s dad asked about the rumors and was told that Wellman approached Manning regarding a contract extension. Manning didn’t like the terms and got his agent involved and they arrived at a very sweet deal for Manning.

It was insinuated that Manning would be around for a while due to the terms of the contract.

When the purge begins who all is going to Mannings? lol

Unfortunately I do not have good news to report as of right now. I will say that regardless of whether Manning stays or goes, it would be a SHOCK to me if Sarr comes back. I honestly don't know about the rest of the team but it would likely be depending on who is hired for some of them.

Actually, it is true and it came right out of the mouth of a recruit’s parent.

He didn’t say exactly what was previously posted but the recruit’s dad asked about the rumors and was told that Wellman approached Manning regarding a contract extension. Manning didn’t like the terms and got his agent involved and they arrived at a very sweet deal for Manning.

It was insinuated that Manning would be around for a while due to the terms of the contract.

If this is true, he should fired for that alone.

This could be something that allows cause to be used and not have to honor any "buyout".

Unfortunately I do not have good news to report as of right now. I will say that regardless of whether Manning stays or goes, it would be a SHOCK to me if Sarr comes back. I honestly don't know about the rest of the team but it would likely be depending on who is hired for some of them.

Biff called that one weeks ago.

As much as I would like Sarr to stay the long term success of the program is so much more important. Making the coaching change and making a good hire is all that I really care about.

Sportsnut- is your bad news just about Sarr? Or is their bad news on the negotiations as well?

Who gives a shit what players stay or go, the key is if Manning is gone? anything new on that front sportsnut?

Things can change if we get the right guy. Hopefully...

I think he'd be making a big mistake. Kids sign from France for NBA all the time, but it almost never happens after they have spent three years in the US and gone back to France to play pro.

With the right coach next year, Sarr could be a first round pick.

Things can change if we get the right guy. Hopefully...

I think he'd be making a big mistake. Kids sign from France for NBA all the time, but it almost never happens after they have spent three years in the US and gone back to France to play pro.

With the right coach next year, Sarr could be a first round pick.

This^

i had already priced this in too. we gonna suck next year i'm playing for 21/22 at this point.

i had already priced this in too. we gonna suck next year i'm playing for 21/22 at this point.

If Manning is retained, I’d give Sarr a >25% chance of returning. If a new guy comes in like Beilein or Forbes, I’d give it a <50% chance. A lot is based on evaluation from scouts, but a new coach gives him a much higher chance of returning.

Can you imagine if this virus was half ebola or something? Where those infected and showing symptoms were bleeding out of their ears and nose or something? People would be barricading themselves in 28 Weeks Later style - and keeping people away from them with weapons. Let's hope that virus isn't spread airborne when it happens. If they hit every 17 years, the next strike - I'll be sacrificed as too old.

I was just thinking about that. That would be fucking bananas.

Back