• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

If Manning is tweeting that after we can't afford to buy him out, he really is the biggest dickhead on the planet. Backhanded statement at your boss when you suck at your job, he wants to fire you, but can't? Power moves.

If Manning is tweeting that after we can't afford to buy him out, he really is the biggest dickhead on the planet. Backhanded statement at your boss when you suck at your job, he wants to fire you, but can't? Power moves.

On top of this, high major D1 is a very small universe. If he acts like this after failing, the number jobs he would likely be offered will shrink greatly.

We are a clown operation. So much playing around. Just come out with it one way or the other. Honestly we are second rate at handling PR. Obscure tweets etc. You expect fans to stick with you when you treat them this way?

I’ve always thought statements like these are stupid, but really, WHAT THE HELL??? I mean was is the athletic department doing? All of them! “Hey everybody go check out Randolph tomorrow morning on some radio show, who knows what he’ll be talking about”. The next day Danny tweets, “I’ll be on a radio show, go listen”. And now this bullshit! LIKE WHAT ARE YOU DOOOING???? Quit shitting around on Twitter, Twitter should just be turned off in a situation like this. I understand holding off the announcement for a longer period, maybe for the virus, maybe because they want to find the coach before they fire Manning, hell, maybe they want to wait and see how long this virus pans out. Maybe they won’t need a coach. But be more transparent.

They dodge the obvious elephant in the room every fuckin year and i’m sick of it, and i know everyone else is too. This is a million dollar business that looks like it’s being run by high school. It’s like Danny is running our main basketball account, just like a high school coach would run his sports twitter account. it’s embarrassing.

Again, quit shitting around on Twitter, and open up to the fan base on what the hell the plan is. Its like we don’t even matter to the athletic department. I was very high on current at first BECAUSE he was so transparent. The FTQ gives us a look at Wake forest from his angle . the increased energy around the Winston Salem community and triad . Hell, up until this point, I thought they have been handling social media, email, and other outreach networks better . But now it’s like it was with Wellman, just tiptoeing around the elephant in the room, which is why he was so disliked.

sorry, i got a little repetitive, but i’m just so fired up. i thought today was today. you board members let me down, and so did hatch and the athletic department.

That tweet definitely could have been a fuck you to Currie and everybody, but I highly doubt Danny is actually running his own account. He doesn’t seem like the one to be big on the internet.

That’s a pretty genius way to troll the fanbase on a Friday afternoon. Have a staff member post some “inspirational” sports quotes for an hour or so then let Manning drop the bomb himself.

Got to give Currie props. He got us.

That tweet definitely could have been a fuck you to Currie and everybody, but I highly doubt Danny is actually running his own account. He doesn’t seem like the one to be big on the internet.

I think Justin Bauman, the Director of Basketball Operations does it. Still, Manning most likely has a say in what is said on his account. Hopefully he also gets feedback on what people are saying in the replies.

Everyone tell me to fuck off, but I actually don't think that tweet means too much.

I'd assume that Currie would make/release a statement or something, and I'm certain someone from the AD (like the SID or someone similar) would shoot Les and Conor a text at the very least if he was being retained to break the news to subscribers.

DeaconShame16
@DShame16
·
25m
Replying to
@CoachDManning
and
@WakeMBB
You are such a loser, stop stealing money from my school and resign with some dignity.

Back