• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

That radio interview? That was to prove he’s still doing his job and that he is a positive representative of WFU and the basketball program.

Well shit, I can do some radio interviews and fail miserably at the rest of my job for $3M a year. Hell, I'd do it for $2.9M!

Our program was not one of the worst in ACC history. It may be historically bad right now but I bet you most pundits consider us a sleeping giant.

Our program was historically bad before he took over. It was a terribly unattractive job at the time...hence D(FL)M was the best RW could do. LOL at sleeping giant. More like midget in a coma.

What the heck are you talking about? The only thing that has made his job awful is his own performance. The only thing that makes our program bad right now is him. He has all the resources he needs to be successful. We have facilities, history (getting more ancient by the day), money, exposure via the ACC, etc. etc.

I mean he took the job when no one else wanted it. And we put up flipping billboards around the city calling for our prior coach to be fired. Sure DM hasn't done anything to improve the situation, but that's not really the point. DM took this job with promises and extended his stay for more promises. Why in the world would he not expect to be paid what was agreed on?

If I were in Manning's shoes and knew that I only had 1 winning season in 6 years, I would be more agreeable to reducing the amount to leave on good terms with Wake. The amount of $ he will make, even if terms were reduced, is absolutely staggering. But then again, I am NOT in his shoes and can't fully relate.

Correct, none of us are an ACC coach. Why does he care about leaving WF on favorable terms? Outside of some beaten down people on this board, nobody is going to give a crap that Manning wanted his contract honored on his way out. Him being bad at his job doesn't factor in and doesn't surprise most people.

It takes a special kind of asshole to be comfortable with being the most universally reviled person in an entire city.

Not many people in the city really care. No one outside the city cares. Most in Winston are just disappointed the tournament was canceled and unc couldn't make the tourny run everyone knows they were going to, amarite? EDITED: Forgot Syracuse had already rocked unc right before it was canceled. So mostly people are just mad about that.

He's a POS for wanting to get paid to do a job (a) that he has proven incapable of doing and (b) that his employers do not want him doing.

Your ire should be directed at those who offered the contract to someone who a) had not proven he was capable of doing the job prior to be hired, and b) agreed to the worst contract in the history of sports so that he can keep working for us whether we want him or not.

Last edited:
You could always just click on his profile and read only his posts. It's slightly less hard than rocket surgery.

I was mostly pointing out how pointless 90% of the posts on this thread are, but yeah you are correct that I do not need such a thread to access sportsnut's posts. Thanks for the internet tips though, I'll be sure to more thoroughly consider the validity of my ideas in the future before cluttering up this very useful thread with them.

Good news is, if we get a new coach most of the team won’t leave. And if we don’t get a new coach, some of the team will leave.

Good news is, if we get a new coach most of the team won’t leave. And if we don’t get a new coach, some of the team will leave.

Not disagreeing, but would like to know the basis for this "news". Would love to have confirmation that the current players (and recruits) have expressed the sentiment that they will stay if/when WF hires its next coach; that said, know of now information confirming that this is actual the position of any player on the team.

Currie's top pick to replace Manning is now being discussed on OGBoards premium. For those that want the most exclusive posts, I suggest upgrading.

What's your Paypal account? We have to know to be able to upgrade.

Not disagreeing, but would like to know the basis for this "news". Would love to have confirmation that the current players (and recruits) have expressed the sentiment that they will stay if/when WF hires its next coach; that said, know of now information confirming that this is actual the position of any player on the team.

A direct member of the Staff/Team has told me this.

Wouldn't DM have an agent. I suspect he is doing all the negotiating. Dannys just sitting back counting money and paint touches.

Last edited:
I imagine that everyone has moved on, except for Manning, who is probably locked in a closet somewhere refusing to sign off on the buyout.

Hmm, when some of us said it was more likely that players would stay if we signed a good coach, the response was negative and even dismissive. Now that it is likely coming to pass, I'm sure those who were negative and dismissive will admit they were wrong.

Hmm, when some of us said it was more likely that players would stay if we signed a good coach, the response was negative and even dismissive. Now that it is likely coming to pass, I'm sure those who were negative and dismissive will admit they were wrong.

30504.scarecrow-man-in-field.jpg

I still think you are wrong.

If we make a coaching change, I'd still expect to see more transfers (beyond Wynn). I think I initially said 3+ total... I still think that is reasonable.

It's actually kind of amazing that Wynn is the only one who has entered the transfer portal when you look at the numbers from the rest of D1. Maybe that means the WFU players are waiting to see how things play out and I'm wrong about a mass exodus... But I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Back