• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

If news reports are to believe they've been negotiating terms for his exit for weeks. I think that covers it.

Yeah. It's almost like negotiating and talking about it for days on end covers the "review" part. The only formal thing left to do is sign the damn thing...I bet we'll even let Manning keep his access badge. No need to come into Currie's office and lay his gas card, keys and badge on the desk.

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - Daniel Manning is being retained as Wake Forest's head basketball coach, Athletics Director John Currie announced Friday.

"Daniel is a man of great character and integrity who makes every decision for the long-term benefit of the program and the University," said Currie. "At this time, Daniel and I felt that new leadership would not help the program and allow the student-athletes to reach their full potential.

"Daniel's six years with us have produced many positive results. He has recruited very good people, both players and staff, to Wake Forest. He has had high expectations, both on and off the court, of everyone associated with our program. Over the last six years the team has shown improvement on the court and superb improvement off the court."

"During my regular season-end review with John, we discussed the overall status of the program which I believe is very positive," said Manning. "The right players are in place who have the values that are important at Wake Forest. At the end of the discussion, I told John that I should be retained because there needs to be a positive environment for the players to realize their potential. I appreciate the opportunity given to me at Wake Forest. I look forward to decades of future success at the helm of this program."

Manning has posted a record of 78-110 overall and 30-80 in Atlantic Coast Conference games during his six years.

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - Daniel Manning is being retained as Wake Forest's head basketball coach, Athletics Director John Currie announced Friday.

"Daniel is a man of great character and integrity who makes every decision for the long-term benefit of the program and the University," said Currie. "At this time, Daniel and I felt that new leadership would not help the program and allow the student-athletes to reach their full potential.

"Daniel's six years with us have produced many positive results. He has recruited very good people, both players and staff, to Wake Forest. He has had high expectations, both on and off the court, of everyone associated with our program. Over the last six years the team has shown improvement on the court and superb improvement off the court."

"During my regular season-end review with John, we discussed the overall status of the program which I believe is very positive," said Manning. "The right players are in place who have the values that are important at Wake Forest. At the end of the discussion, I told John that I should be retained because there needs to be a positive environment for the players to realize their potential. I appreciate the opportunity given to me at Wake Forest. I look forward to decades of future success at the helm of this program."

Manning has posted a record of 78-110 overall and 30-80 in Atlantic Coast Conference games during his six years.

Tell me this is fake.

Haven’t heard anything since initial report. I find it hard to believe they would meet to not announce his firing. It’s Wake, I just can’t be optimistic about anything basketball related.

Going to pick up Big Burger Spot. Hope this is done when I get back!

Haven’t heard anything since initial report. I find it hard to believe they would meet to not announce his firing. It’s Wake, I just can’t be optimistic about anything basketball related.

So, you've been claiming connections to the team and you seem to have implied above that there was a meeting announced this morning that was scheduled to start at 12. Right? Just getting things straight.

And we have two posters/people with publicly known connections to the program who are saying there has been no team meeting announced...one here and one on another board/forum.

Last edited:
Back