• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

It's much more likely that Currie is simply fucking this process up and has no idea how to conduct a firing/hiring. Past performance and all that.

So help me out here. The current argument is that Currie is not following the plan of firing the current head coach, then searching for a new coach, then negotiating with interested coaches.

Instead he’s playing 4D chess and negotiating a buyout with Manning while also negotiating with Beilein, Matta, Forbes, and others. Once he gets this awesome deal, he’s going to make this grant announcement in which he fires Manning and introduces the new coach at the same time.

Is that what people are saying?

when you put it that way
:sick:

With every day that passes, I'm starting to believe there never were any negotiations. Hopefully, this belief will be totally wrong this week.

It's much more likely that Currie is simply fucking this process up and has no idea how to conduct a firing/hiring. Past performance and all that.

Please enlighten us about your inside knowledge on past performance. And please come with more than basic info you’ve read online about UT - there’s a hell of a lot more to that story.

No matter how many times you bring this up about Currie at TN your position will never be accurate. The debacle at TN was created by Phil Fulmer and his acolytes. They stepped in to ruin every deal. This is what happened.

No matter how many times you bring this up about Currie at TN your position will never be accurate. The debacle at TN was created by Phil Fulmer and his acolytes. They stepped in to ruin every deal. This is what happened.

Alright RJ, we finally agree on something!! UT should have just hire Phat Phil as AD from the start. Jimmy Haslam III & his wife Dee, they of the Pilot Flying J truck stops, proffered all of this. They ruined the Cleveland Browns and ruined Tennessee football. While at it they cost Currie & the Beverly Davenport, the UT President both their jobs.

Reading through the comments from Les, I don’t think Danny knows shit about whether he’s coming back or not. Muse’s tweets about silence line up with this as well. I wouldn’t lose faith just yet.

I know we live in the age of trump where our leaders never take any responsibility for anything that goes bad, but John Currie was the athletic dinner director at UT and Phil fulmer was not. If Currie got played by fulmer in a power move , whose fault is that. If Currie wanted leach as his coach and fulmer undermined it then then that’s curries fault for getting played like a sucker. Speaking of getting played like a sucker, it appears history is repeating itself all over again and Manning will be back, but in an even weaker position then before ( can you be weaker than DFL? We’re about to find out). If Currie somehow pulls off this 4d chess move and has Matta or Beilen wearing a Black and gold tie at a press conference, then I’ll gladly say I was wrong.

I know we live in the age of trump where our leaders never take any responsibility for anything that goes bad, but John Currie was the athletic dinner director at UT and Phil fulmer was not. If Currie got played by fulmer in a power move , whose fault is that. If Currie wanted leach as his coach and fulmer undermined it then then that’s curries fault for getting played like a sucker. Speaking of getting played like a sucker, it appears history is repeating itself all over again and Manning will be back, but in an even weaker position then before ( can you be weaker than DFL? We’re about to find out). If Currie somehow pulls off this 4d chess move and has Matta or Beilen wearing a Black and gold tie at a press conference, then I’ll gladly say I was wrong.

You simply don't know what you are talking about. here. Fulmer called Leach and talked a ton of shit .No decent coach wants to start a new job in the middle of that crap. Currie wasn't played. He stabbed in the back and then shot in the head.

Fulmer is scum and has a ton of power at TN.

I think that has shaped the management of basketball coaches in the years since then.

i.e. hire unmotivated coaches who don't hate losing and you won't have to worry about them pushing themselves too hard or stressing themselves?

I’m giving Currie till Monday evening then I think manning is undoubtably our coach next year.

i.e. hire unmotivated coaches who don't hate losing and you won't have to worry about them pushing themselves too hard or stressing themselves?

That. And not putting much pressure for performance on them.

And yet he hired Clawson. Guess it doesn't have to make sense...little does over the last 10 years.

According to most reports, Mike Buddie did almost all.the lifting that got Clawson hired.

Hey guys I posted on this thread 3 or 4 days ago that I'd read we should prepare for an 18 month pandemic and there could be a lot of disruptions(practice, schedules changed, etc. Some replied I was wrong(one even made fun of my source). That's fine, we all have the right on this board. There have been numerous "sources" telling us when Dm would or not be fired. Let me add before continuing my preference is he should be and would love that announcement as much as anyone.

However here we still are, people ripping Currie and everyone else. Bottom line, things have gotten worse the last few days. While we are living and dying to hear about our bb coaching situation, there are other factors influencing our athletic dept. Spring practice has been cancelled and I'm sure our AD as well as all others are worrying about lost revenue from the ncaa tournament, possibly more lost revenue. There may even be some concern when we spend millions on a buyout and more millions for a new coach when literally thousands are losing their jobs. As much as anyone, I hope this ends soon and we can enjoy the news of a new coach and an improved economic and health situation. In the meantime we can speculate, believe or not believe all of our "sources" and their level of knowledge. I guess I' saying I understand why nothing has been announced but I still feel confident in the final result. In the meantime we con continue to believe or not believe our "sources" and their level of being in the know.

Back