• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

Yeah, I get that, but he still put a high strung, hate to lose type guy in charge of our football program (replacing a grass picker in Grobe) while seemingly doing everything to avoid that kind of coach for basketball.

According to most reports, Mike Buddie did almost all.the lifting that got Clawson hired.
Yeah, I get that, but he still put a high strung, hate to lose type guy in charge of our football program (replacing a grass picker in Grobe) while seemingly doing everything to avoid that kind of coach for basketball.

Hey guys I posted on this thread 3 or 4 days ago that I'd read we should prepare for an 18 month pandemic and there could be a lot of disruptions(practice, schedules changed, etc. Some replied I was wrong(one even made fun of my source). That's fine, we all have the right on this board. There have been numerous "sources" telling us when Dm would or not be fired. Let me add before continuing my preference is he should be and would love that announcement as much as anyone.

However here we still are, people ripping Currie and everyone else. Bottom line, things have gotten worse the last few days. While we are living and dying to hear about our bb coaching situation, there are other factors influencing our athletic dept. Spring practice has been cancelled and I'm sure our AD as well as all others are worrying about lost revenue from the ncaa tournament, possibly more lost revenue. There may even be some concern when we spend millions on a buyout and more millions for a new coach when literally thousands are losing their jobs. As much as anyone, I hope this ends soon and we can enjoy the news of a new coach and an improved economic and health situation. In the meantime we can speculate, believe or not believe all of our "sources" and their level of knowledge. I guess I' saying I understand why nothing has been announced but I still feel confident in the final result. In the meantime we con continue to believe or not believe our "sources" and their level of being in the know.

Multiple reports say the lost March Madness revenue is offset by all the saved money from cancelled Spring non-revenue sports.

Fuck Donald trump and Ron wellman (sports post, non-political)

Multiple reports say the lost March Madness revenue is offset by all the saved money from cancelled Spring non-revenue sports.

What about the un-certainty of future lost revenue and the refund of tuition payments for cancelled semesters. Do you know for a fact about the football season? If you have better sources and are so confident in your opinions , spell them out. Can't remember, but are the one who made fun of my reference to MSN? If so I would welcome your info since it's obviously better than mine. Also, as I said everyone can surely post their opinions; I'd certainly love to hear yours as to how this is going to play out rather than just one sentence comments about what I said.

What about the un-certainty of future lost revenue and the refund of tuition payments for cancelled semesters. Do you know for a fact about the football season? If you have better sources and are so confident in your opinions , spell them out. Can't remember, but are the one who made fun of my reference to MSN? If so I would welcome your info since it's obviously better than mine. Also, as I said everyone can surely post their opinions; I'd certainly love to hear yours as to how this is going to play out rather than just one sentence comments about what I said.
You really need to chill out with your "everything will be shut down for 18 months" theory. In that amount of time, we will figure out either 1) how to deal with the disease or 2) how to make life go on in spite of it...likely both. There's just no scenario where life stays shut down and doesn't return to some sort of normalcy for 18 months.

I haven’t responded to anything you’ve written but I am in academia and have been involved in many conversations about this. Yes, many of us have been told that there is already a good possibility we begin next semester online. On the other hand, many institutions haven’t even said that the remainder of the current semester will be online. I personally think that next semester will be impacted pretty massively. I will also say though that the ACCN still exists with or without live sports and we still get money from that. That is money that we didn’t have until this year.

Also, no tuition is being refunded. Courses are still happening and will still happen next year. Room and board may be refunded. I frankly haven’t seen some colleagues put this much preparation into teaching in years. While I think online learning is a waste, the future of academia is in a good place. That’s just a side thought and not relevant to this discussion though!

Also, no tuition is being refunded. Courses are still happening and will still happen next year. Room and board may be refunded. I frankly haven’t seen some colleagues put this much preparation into teaching in years. While I think online learning is a waste, the future of academia is in a good place. That’s just a side thought and not relevant to this discussion though!

thanks for your take. If students have to choose between paying $X to a second or third tier school, paying the U. of Phoenix $X-$Y, their may not be much of a hard choice to make.

thanks for your take. If students have to choose between paying $X to a second or third tier school, paying the U. of Phoenix $X-$Y, their may not be much of a hard choice to make.

That’s certainly a real fear for schools that are already struggling.

I agree with this.

You really need to chill out with your "everything will be shut down for 18 months" theory. In that amount of time, we will figure out either 1) how to deal with the disease or 2) how to make life go on in spite of it...likely both. There's just no scenario where life stays shut down and doesn't return to some sort of normalcy for 18 months.

Come on Racer, maybe I didn't make my points as well as I should have. Nowhere did I say I believed it would be 18 months, I don't. My point is that maybe Currie is trying to address certain issues we may not be aware of and not just sitting on his butt on the DM situation. I don't want to argue with anyone, I certainly don't know any more than anyone else. Hopefully everything will be addressed and we will all get the result we all want. Sorry if I offended anyone and was just saying some things they may be trying to nail down. Again, I don't think it will last 18 months and have no idea if any of those things I mentioned will or will not happen. Frankly would love it if none were true. I would love to hear from people that know, I sure as hell don't.

Of course Wake Forest isn’t refunding jack shit.

Back