• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Due $28M Bonus March 8

Screwing over was poor word choice. Just after the last couple of days I feel like the front office is sort of trying to make him out to be the bad guy in this situation, though Manning is forcing their hand if he doesn't give them any options about potentially reducing the bonus owed to him. I don't know, with so many situations of players making business decisions that rub people the wrong way, I hate that when a club makes a business decision (that is probably right) that affects such a great player.

Screwing over was poor word choice. Just after the last couple of days I feel like the front office is sort of trying to make him out to be the bad guy in this situation, though Manning is forcing their hand if he doesn't give them any options about potentially reducing the bonus owed to him. I don't know, with so many situations of players making business decisions that rub people the wrong way, I hate that when a club makes a business decision (that is probably right) that affects such a great player.

And, I'm not sure the collective bargaining agreement allows the kind of re-structuring in this case that might allow both sides to work out something. I think it's a case of $28 mil or unrestricted free agency--in which case I think Peyton's gone. As for the current "tiff" in the papers, I think Peyton was just saying it was sad around the rehab facility seeing all the people he's worked with over the years packing up and that it was hard to rehab in that atmosphere and I think Irsay took that as something of a power play by Peyton. They'll get over that, but I don't see how the Colts have any choice at this point other than letting him go--unless the doctor's report on March 8 says he's good as new--in which case the Colts will have to make a gut wrenching decision.

Back