• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manny calling out Floyd

I'm actually a little interested in the upcoming bout with Chris Algieri. I'm pretty sure Manny will beat Algieri into bolivia, but I think Algieri could maybe make it interesting.

If we want to be exact, in the history of the boards, you've used the word 'bitch' or 'pussy' (and sometimes both), mostly to demean men by referring to them with feminine terms, 240 times according to the search function. Well done sir, well done.

intended or unintended there is a clear pattern.

http://jezebel.com/5903883/why-guys-really-hate-being-called-creepy

One reason men despise the word "creep" so much more than any other insult is that it isn't rooted in misogyny. Jeremy Paul Gordon specifically compared the term to "pussy," "douchebag," and "asshole." The first two words, when directed at a man, insult him by comparing him either to a vagina or a device used to clean one; their pejorative power lies in the way they feminize the guy who gets called one of these names. "Asshole," as the historian Rictor Norton has suggested, is rooted in a derogatory term for men who allowed themselves to be anally fucked. A man who gets penetrated behaves like a woman and is labeled as feminine — a fate that we raise small American boys to fear more than almost anything else. (This is why, of course, words like "bitch" or "pussy" when used by one man to another, are so much more likelier to lead to blows than "dick" or "prick." Men are unlikely to be enraged by references to their own anatomy, only to a woman's.)

Last edited:
Men despise the word "creep?" Are those "men" from spin class?

Another gripe about the OP is that I'm pretty sure Foot Locker "made" this commercial, not Manny.

I love these types of threads! Where did that scared little pussy RJKarl go?

Last edited:
I wondered how a boxing thread had so many posts in less than 4 hours. Then I opened it...lol

Floyd's running away from Manny is now a running joke:

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/i...-unanimous-decision-retain-welterweight-title

"Pacquiao immediately launched into his commercial mode.

"He is going to fight me? Yes! Yes!" Pacquiao joked.

All joking aside, one can only hope Mayweather will face him. There is nothing left for either of them to prove, and no other fight the public wants from either."

I'd love to see Fredie roach go full on against Floyd. "Floyd is more comfortable beating up women than trying to beat up Manny. He's even gone to jail for it. Floyd are you afraid to fight a man?"

Mayweather made $100 million last year. How? His Showtime deal? He fights maybe twice a year. He has no commercial sponsors. He can't sell jerseys.

Maybe he should sell replica jersey's from when he was in jail for spousal abuse.

Mayweather expects 100 million purse but he was afraid to fight?

This makes little sense.

My legacy or 100 million dollars? Hmmmmm

I would love to see the fight but Floyd has managed to duck him long enough. Manny is half the fighter he was 3 years ago. Never has a "great" fighter ducked his number one challenger the way Floyd has. It is disgraceful. Could you imagine boxing history if Ali was too scared to fight Frasier...Leonard to scared to fight Haggler?

Back