• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

March 12th, 1995

Rooster

Reaction score
ch.jpg

It was my 22nd birthday and number 22 was the man. Thank you Mr. Childress

Great moment. I have a photo of The Shot framed in my house...a wider scope than this one. Dean Smith is standing there with an expression of disbelief, the entire UNC bench standing behind him...Priceless.

Happy Birthday next week, Rooster. Hope you get a new coach.

Last edited:
I was at a luncheon today at the GSO coliseum and they had a panel of three journalists. When asked two of the three said that Childress's performance was their greatest tournament memory and they'd all been covering the tournament for multiple decades (obviously). Pretty cool.

I'm still #22 on every sports team I play on...

I was there for the opening game against Duke. The last 10 minutes of that first half, Childress was just unbelievable. Down 31-13, he went off. Wake led by one at the half and won by 17. As great as he was all weekend, those 10 minutes against Duke were the pinnacle.

I was there for the opening game against Duke. The last 10 minutes of that first half, Childress was just unbelievable. Down 31-13, he went off. Wake led by one at the half and won by 17. As great as he was all weekend, those 10 minutes against Duke were the pinnacle.

I like when Randolph called the TO to address the team himself.

It was a fantastic season as well, with 4 great teams full of great players.

I remember being home from college on spring break and being livid the first 10 minutes of the game....until Childress took over. Absolutely amazing performance. Will never forget it or that weekend.

Quite possibly the greatest ACC tournament individual performance ever , and some presumambly bitter Hole beatwriter had the nerve not to vote Chill as tournament MVP.

I was there with my wife and then three year old son who is now a student at Wake! We stayed for all of the festivities after the game and I got Chill to autograph the game program!

Thank you Randolph........my best Deacon moment followed by Jacksonville in 2006.

ch.jpg

It was my 22nd birthday and number 22 was the man. Thank you Mr. Childress

I was sitting in the 10th row behind the Carolina bench..............maybe one of the fuzzy faces on the right side of the photo.

What a day. Had my son with me. I told him many people never get a chance to go to an ACC tournament game, much less the finals. Fewer people get to see their team play in the finals. Even fewer get to see their team win in OT and one of their players dominate.
Game of a lifetime.

If we can't have that level of success at least.....

Bring those uniforms back!

Back