• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

March Madness Thread

What a shit day of bball. ACC has an awful showing and bad reffing ruins potential good endings.

this tourney has been zzzzzzz

I like Manning, but White should have gotten more attention in that search.

Luckily, I'm also a UF fan.

One thing I like about the NCAA tourney is that it affords me the opportunity to make observations that everyone else in America already knows.

For example, Caleb Swanigan is a very good basketball player.

I like Manning, but White should have gotten more attention in that search.

Luckily, I'm also a UF fan.

Thought I remember reading on here that we reached out to White post-Shaka and were "politely rebuffed." Not sure that ever was (or could be) confirmed, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was indeed the rumor. White and Archie Miller both declined.

Thought I remember reading on here that we reached out to White post-Shaka and were "politely rebuffed." Not sure that ever was (or could be) confirmed, though.

Interesting. I don't remember that. I just remember a few supporters around here. I was skeptical about the jump from Louisiana Tech.

Worse loss today: Virginia or FSU?

FSU.

Xavier is an 11 seed that barely made the tourney. FSU was a 7 point favorite.

UF was a slight favorite and a better seed than UVA. Painful to watch, but a loss was not unexpected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's true

Deonte Burten is so fucking good, this matchup with Swanigan is fun

I had Iowa St in my bracket, but it's very hard to root against Swanigan after hearing his story. I hope that kid wins the championship.

FSU.

Xavier is an 11 seed that barely made the tourney. FSU was a 7 point favorite.

UF was a slight favorite and a better seed than UVA. Painful to watch, but a loss was not unexpected.

Right. Plus UVA has known all year that if Perrantes and Shayok both went cold on offense they simply can't score. Sucks that it happened in the tournament but it happens. Not a crazy-talented team and not real deep offensively.

FSU had elite talent and plenty of depth. Just an awful loss and terribly coached. At least Notre Dame got legitimately beat in a good game with plenty of strategy and great coaching moves.

I would love for another awful ACC showing tmrw considering who from the conference is left.

Amen! Black Sunday would be a good name for a Heel loss & a Dookie loss in Greenville��

Amen! Black Sunday would be a good name for a Heel loss & a Dookie loss in Greenville��

MAR 11 - 1979 32:05:27 --- Black Sunday for ACC as Penn beats UNC & St Johns beats Duke @Raleigh in the 2nd round of the NCAA Tournament

It happened one time. I wouldn't look for it to happen again tomorrow, though.

Back