• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

March Madness Thread

K is a great coach, but honestly, there is no excuse for not making at least the sweet 16 every year with teams that have 8-9 blue chip recruits. It doesn't do Duke any favors that the ACC officials favor them all season, which makes them unprepared for real officiating in the NCAAs.

K is a great coach, but honestly, there is no excuse for not making at least the sweet 16 every year with teams that have 8-9 blue chip recruits. It doesn't do Duke any favors that the ACC officials favor them all season, which makes them unprepared for real officiating in the NCAAs.

This.

But, but...they only play 7! No depth! You can't expect them to play a guy who was only a low rated 5 star, or *gasp* a 4 star. :sick:

8-9?? I think they had 11 HS AAs.

Should be but they weren't. Much of that talent was overrated or undercoached.

Last edited:
Loved the Duke game. Team was supposed to be one of the best of all time and got bounced in second round by a mediocre SEC team. This was by far one of K's worst coaching jobs - the media will never pick up on it, but again he sat 3-4 burger boys all year and failed to develop a bench. Grayson Allen's decision will be an interesting one.

Loved the Duke game. Team was supposed to be one of the best of all time and got bounced in second round by a mediocre SEC team. This was by far one of K's worst coaching jobs - the media will never pick up on it, but again he sat 3-4 burger boys all year and failed to develop a bench. Grayson Allen's decision will be an interesting one.

Not that I'm defending K (shudder) but I do think this year's Duke team looks a lot different with a Harry Giles with two functioning knees.

Not that I'm defending K (shudder) but I do think this year's Duke team looks a lot different with a Harry Giles with two functioning knees.

Problem with that is that even with Giles still recovering from injury, K had an elite big man in Marques Bolden who was healthy (after early injuries) and didn't get anything out of him either.

Who told him to go to Oak Hill and blow out his knee last year?

Better players do tend to produce better teams. A shame K could only have the 2nd best player in that class and the ACC POTY. Maybe if he had the #1 player in the class at full strength, he could have survived the mighty South Carolina Gamecocks.

With all that talent...K gets a D...

No Sweet 16
5th in Conf
Top 2 big man recruits in the country doing mop up

#FreeChaseJeter

I don't know how K pulls in blue chip big men when he had three McDonald's American warming the bench and one big man getting rotation minutes on a nightly basis.

K' s blue chip big men recruiting days are numbered!

DM has turned the corner with JC"s development and they will now be Deacs!:thumbsup:

Back