• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Marching Deacs ?

marching band clarinet is useless. Might as well be a flag girl or whatever they're called

I married the SOTOGAB feature twirler from the mid '80s! She's still kept her shapely figure!! I'm a lucky man! Ha ha ha

I was a trumpet player and we had pretty good sound back then for a small band so it can be done. Marty Province was the director and he would have we trumpeters do breathing exercises daily to increase lung capacity, ergo sound, and damn if it didn't work!

I married the SOTOGAB feature twirler from the mid '80s! She's still kept her shapely figure!! I'm a lucky man! Ha ha ha

I was a trumpet player and we had pretty good sound back then for a small band so it can be done. Marty Province was the director and he would have we trumpeters do breathing exercises daily to increase lung capacity, ergo sound, and damn if it didn't work!

Just a great fuck you to Bono.

blow...
blow your tuneless trumpet the choice is yours
i'm going to see the horse doctor
he's waiting where the rain comes in
the fancy shirt i wore is just lying in the drawer
the girl i used to sleep with i don't see her anymore
blow...
death belongs to everyone it's the only thing we have
yeah, death belongs to everyone it's the only thing we have
i don't owe nobody i don't even owe the rent
i've even got some money left i still haven't spent
so blow...
we don't want the glamour the pomp and the drums
the dublin messiah scattering crumbs
just blow...

the explanation is that they're a bunch of overweight pock marked virgin nerds. that's your fucking explanation, jesus freak.

You are quite the dickhead Miggs. We have a bunch of kids supporting the football program by being in the band and this is the shit they get from you? I hope one of the overweight virgin nerds t-bones you on University Parkway and you are in a coma for a few years before you die. Jerk.

Anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_966.jpg

You are quite the dickhead Miggs. We have a bunch of kids supporting the football program by being in the band and this is the shit they get from you? I hope one of the overweight virgin nerds t-bones you on University Parkway and you are in a coma for a few years before you die. Jerk.

shitfaced off 2 Zimas, no doubt. FUCK YOU STRATTON!!!!!!

We have just over 90 for this band.

According to the numbers we are writing for drill, coming up about 3-5 people short from last year so no big changes there.

A lot of woodwinds (ex. 19 saxophones)

We will be doing two shows this year. Traveling to Clemson on 9/28. Exhibition performance on 10/19 following the MD game at a Bands of America competition at Bowman Gray (39 high school bands attending).

Going to introduce a few new tunes in the stands including the Jeopardy Theme Song for official reviews.

:thumbsup:

the explanation is that they're a bunch of overweight pock marked virgin nerds. that's your fucking explanation, jesus freak.

There are A LOT less virgins in band than you'd think.

Jeopardy? Who on staff came up with that original idea?

BDer can maybe answer this but how had the band experience changed in the last 5 years? Seems there is much more emphasis on more elaborate, polished shows and exhibition performances than before. We had a new show every game but now the band seems more akin to a high school with the focus on fewer shows. Doesn't seem quite as laid back as it was 2004-2007.

I just hope that the halftime performances have changed from last year's design. Probably a really nice band competition piece but didn't fit with football halftimes with the slower & softer tunes.

Jeopardy theme song is just one little brain fart away from the "Don't Stop Believin'" sing-along, which was the all-time low point.

I just hope that the halftime performances have changed from last year's design. Probably a really nice band competition piece but didn't fit with football halftimes with the slower & softer tunes.

Fits our O-line.

The band numbers are shrinking because we suck ass at football and basketball. A good portion of the band in my day were people that just wanted good bball seats.

The band numbers are shrinking because we suck ass at football and basketball. A good portion of the band in my day were people that just wanted good bball seats.

Yep- I played trumpet in the marching band to increase my chances of making the basketball pep band. It was very competitive back in the mid '80's to make the pep band with Gentleman Carl Tacy as our coach and having reached the Final 8 by "retiring Ray Meyer" of Depaul.

Back