• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mardi Gras Music

drew

Reaction score
What albums are good? Both Treme soundtracks are excellent, plus classics like Dr. John, DD Brass band, etc. Any other recommendations?

Galactic recently did a mardi gras album called Carnival Electricos. I loved the track Move Fast with Mystikal and Manny Fresh (although it might not be what you are looking for).

:endthreadeac

69906308.jpg

This is just a list of music traditionally identified with New Orleans and/or its musical milieu. Not much here is inherently "Mardi Gras."

This is just a list of music traditionally identified with New Orleans and/or its musical milieu. Not much here is inherently "Mardi Gras."

I am guessing you are talking about the other posts. Hard to find two songs that are more Mardi Gras than Fess' rendention of these two traditionals. I've been to enough to know.

I am guessing that Drew wanted some accessible (and free!) Mardi Gras music to accompany his Kroger cinammon king cake and powered hurricane mix.

If you wanna dig a little deeper, I give you the Wild Tchoupitoulas Indians, but they still aren't as responsible for the mainstay MG athems as the Fess. You cant get anymore authentic, but all they really do is riff on Fess and the Meters.

Last edited:
How'd your party go, Drew? Did the Principal mind your throwing out of beads?

Back