• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mark Freidinger

The Dinger was an assistant on one of my Little League teams growing up that one of his sons was also on. Hope everything ends up ok.

One moment that sticks out is that Dinger was the 3rd base coach, and we had really very simple signs. The sign for take was a closed fist. I had a 3-0 count, look down to Dinger, who's giving me like a "come on!" fist shake, and I was like, shit, well, I'm going for it, not realizing he was just trying to be tricky and not give the take sign away. I swung and missed, struck out a few pitches later, and Dinger was PISSED.

We also all signed baseballs for each other at the end of the year (I think was like 10 or 11 at this time) because he showed us a signed ball his team had done when he was in Little League, and dude played Little League ball with Mike Schmidt, so you never know. I think one of our guys ended up playing a little basketball at Davidson, but that was it.

Anyway, hang in there Dinger.

Last edited:
Wake basketball community having a tough summer. Will only make us inspired and stronger. Go Deacs!

Had a great time talking bball with Dinger my first year of doing Wake practices. It was the 83-84 season for Coach Tacy with Dinger as an assistant. Probably worked 30 or more practices & scrimmages trying to get on court experience with college guys. Who was to know that the team led by Young, Rudd, Teachey, Green, Toms and a little freshman named Muggsy would “Retire Meyer” and get to the Elite 8.

Had a great time talking bball with Dinger my first year of doing Wake practices. It was the 83-84 season for Coach Tacy with Dinger as an assistant. Probably worked 30 or more practices & scrimmages trying to get on court experience with college guys. Who was to know that the team led by Young, Rudd, Teachey, Green, Toms and a little freshman named Muggsy would “Retire Meyer” and get to the Elite 8.

My favorite time at MSD! Great to be a student then!

Hopefully Forbes can get us back. Nothing like a deep run in the NCAAT!

So much better than football playoffs.

That team had talent.

Mark Cline was a FR along with Muggsy.

We were basically 1 guy away from a Final 4.

Not going to get much better than:

Backcourt: Danny Young and Delaney Rudd
Forward Green
Center Teachey

Cline did ok at SF.

Back