• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Marketing Question

What is the best way to reach a target audience of 20-40 year olds?

• Total voters
Oh, to be 20 years old with dreams of grading the backyard I don't have to install a decorative pool I can't afford

The problem with that Facebook video is that his experiment is uniquely designed to show the worst scenario of click farms hits.

At higher numbers and with pages that people legitimately like, the network effects of Facebook do win out. Sure, if you pay for promotion the response will include a lot of click farmers - there's really no way for Facebook to stop that. If you post a worthless page, almost nobody will legitimately like it, nobody will post messages, nobody will view the page, etc. - so the real goal of having your page show up in news feeds due to cross popularity won't happen. Sure, it's surprisingly fast to rack up fake likes - but that has more to do with people not really grasping the scope and size of Facebook's worldwide audience.

Look at the likes of some local ads - Acorns investment is most popular in LA. TouchofModern is most popular in New York. It's not like every single advertising campaign leads to Bangkok being your #1 fan. Unless your targeted demographic has nearly zero interest in your stuff.

I think it's less "fraud" than it is a question of value. Garbage clicks should devalue the service, not render it useless or fraudulent. If you spend $1,000 on advertising, generate a million bogus likes, but your return is $10,000 in sales for legitimate interest - who cares about the click farms? It should be priced into the service.

All the companies paying to advertise through Facebook are not dummies fooled by high like counts and no real-world results.

simple.aspx

Exactly, which is why I'm arguing against it. A certain (old) insisted it be included though, even though I said most people in the target demographic dont even own a land-line phone anymore.

I'm 28 and have not had a landline since I lived at home when I was 18.

20-40 is too broad of an age range. What works for reaching a 21 year-old probably won't work for reaching a 35 year-old.

The message of pushing somebody in front of a train reaches everyone. It's pretty global like that.

what type of business this is would 100% drive how to market it, not necessarily the age bracket of the target market.

Restaurant? Billboard, promotions on Groupon, TV, etc.

Population Analytics Company? Post in correct forums with intelligent content, Sponsor a trade show, Have a fantastic website with rich blog content, etc.

New Ridiculous Hat Company? Website ads like FB, kiosks in malls, freebies to the popular kids in school, snapchat.

Facebook has absurdly cheap cost per impressions

RTQ could give more info but local TV commercials seem to work pretty good and may be the best bang for the buck.

I actually have a land line but don't use it. To get my bill lowered, Cox required that I sign up for a land phone. It saves me like $50 a month to have a phone but I'm sure Cox just makes money by selling my number to call lists.

Back