• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Married Deacs - What Was Your First Dance Song?

I will be here - Steven Curtis Chapman

So what do you do for the father-daughter/mother-son if the parent is deceased. Is it insensitive to do one and not the other?

I love everything about this song. My favorite part is envisioning the old people's faces with the opening line 'I visualize my name tattooed on dat ass'.

Last edited:
A friend of mine attended a wedding where he swore the daddy-daughter dance was done to "Strokin' ". I called him a liar but he swore it was true.

So what do you do for the father-daughter/mother-son if the parent is deceased. Is it insensitive to do one and not the other?

I would imagine you find an appropriate substitute. I attended a wedding where the mother of the groom had passed, so he danced with his sister.

On a somewhat related note, it is very difficult to find good rap (not R&B) to put on a wedding cocktail playlist. Granted I've only looked for a short amount of time but the only decent song I can find is Common - The Light.

On a somewhat related note, it is very difficult to find good rap (not R&B) to put on a wedding cocktail playlist. Granted I've only looked for a short amount of time but the only decent song I can find is Common - The Light.

South Outkast probably has some cocktail friendly stuff. Maybe some BoB and Childish Gambino. Most are mainstream enough there are some options that's aren't too graphic.

South Outkast probably has some cocktail friendly stuff. Maybe some BoB and Childish Gambino. Most are mainstream enough there are some options that's aren't too graphic.
True. Prototype is a decent 'love' song but it's kinda weird. I need to text TITSWF, his playlist was amazing.

I know you know - Lyle Lovett

Also toyed around with "I married her just because she looks like you"

and

"She's no lady, she's your wife"

but we thought some of her family might take offense.

Last edited:
My dance with my mom was to Lucero's Mom.

[video=vimeo;7733174]http://vimeo.com/7733174[/video]

Back