• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Maryland game time?

6-day option...

GREENSBORO, NC – The Atlantic Coast Conference Monday announced that ESPN has declared its final six-day option of the year, and is holding four games in ACC control on Saturday Nov. 17 as well as one game involving an ACC team which is under Big East control.
The gametimes and networks (ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ACC Network or RSN) will be announced no later than noon on Sunday, Nov. 13.

Thursday, Nov. 17
North Carolina at Virginia Tech, ESPN, 8 p.m. (previously announced)

Saturday, Nov. 19
Boston College at Notre Dame, NBC, 4 p.m. (previously announced)
Clemson at NC State (six-day option)
Georgia Tech at Duke (six-day option)
Virginia at Florida State (six day option)
Maryland at Wake Forest (six day option)
Miami at South Florida (Big East, six-day option)

These six day options make it impossible to plan to damn thing. The 2 week option is already bad enough.

definitely makes it tough if you're from out of town and looking at logistics.

They better figure out a way to announce the Vandy game before 6 days or there won't be 20k people there. I will make a little bit of effort to get back from out of town from Thanksgiving but if they opt for 6 days option again, I won't even try to make the effort. People need time to plan.

I may spend my season ticket money next year on a few more TV's to add to the walls and the bathrooms throughout the house. I can make my house more like a sports bar and still have money for booze and food. Then I won't give a damn when the games are scheduled anymore.

This is getting ridiculous. All of these games are basically meaningless unless Wake Forest beats Clemson, which you can probably get 20-1 odds on. Virginia Tech is the odds on winnner of the Coastal and they play on Thursday night the next two weeks, so you don't even have to consider their game. However, if Ga Tech wins this Thursday at home against Va Tech, then I guess the take the inside track, so put the Ga Tech game on at 12:30.

Ga Tech at Duke 12:30 on Raycom
Clemson at NC State 3:30 on ABC
Maryland at WFU 12:00 on ESPNU
UVa at FSU whenever on ESPN2

Miami v. USF is the Big East's problem.

They better figure out a way to announce the Vandy game before 6 days or there won't be 20k people there. I will make a little bit of effort to get back from out of town from Thanksgiving but if they opt for 6 days option again, I won't even try to make the effort. People need time to plan.

ESPN is out of six day options for the year for the ACC.

Yeah, I was trying to figure out what could happen this weekend that could drastically alter the attractiveness of these games. Even if Wake upset Clemson, you'd still have to think Clemson-NC State would be a more attractive game for TV purposes (huge fanbases, Textile Bowl, etc.) than Wake-Maryland would be. I just don't see what could change and why they couldn't just pick em up today.

Nah, if we're playing for the division that would drastically enhance the attractiveness of our game. Apparently ESPN thinks there is at least a chance of that happening. Finally some respek!

Hoping for a later than 12:30 kickoff as I'm flying into CLT that morning for the game.

Sometimes it appears ESPN uses the 6-day option just to screw with us.

ESPN is out of six day options for the year for the ACC.

It's not like it matters all that much. They only have one week left.

Boston College @ Miami (previously announced as Friday after Thanksgiving at 3:30)
FSU @ Florida (CBS owns the rights).

ESPN owns the rights to the following games that week...

Maryland @ NC State
Duke @ UNC
Virginia Tech @ Virginia
Vanderbilt @ Wake Forest
Georgia @ Georgia Tech

Bottom line... at least we'll know the Vandy game time 2 weeks out.

How many friggin 6 day options does ESPN get? This makes it 4 out of the past 5 weeks where our game time is not being officially set until the Sunday before the game. I thought ESPN could only use that 6 day option twice a year. This is ridiculous but I guess in this college football world ESPN gets to do whatever the hell it wants, and fans planning to go to the games get screwed as a result.

Can't see any way there's TV (except maybe ESPN3) for the Vandy game.

It will be televised somewhere, more than likely in the 3pm RSN spot. Too many other games on Friday that week (or teams with byes) to not get televised.

Back