• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Maryland Roast

tsywake

Sheikh of Smoke
Staff member
Reaction score
We used to do a look-a-like thread, but since MD is dumping us at the end of this season, I vote we do a roast instead. Unleash your fury Deac fans!

Maryland looks like a wasteland of property that other states didn't want. There is no real rhyme or reason to it for the most part.
maryland.gif

Well it a roast of them or a compliment to say we're actually replacing them with a worse fanbase than themselves???

I have nothing funny to say about UMd. Their fans are fucking awful. Good riddance.

Go to war, Miss Agnes. Ain't the beer cold?

Chuck Thompson, the only good thing to ever come out of that sorry state.

We used to do a look-a-like thread, but since MD is dumping us at the end of this season, I vote we do a roast instead. Unleash your fury Deac fans!

Maryland looks like a wasteland of property that other states didn't want. There is no real rhyme or reason to it for the most part.
maryland.gif

I think what happened is this: no one wanted the rednecks and ne'er-do-goods from the area adjacent to WV, so - to keep the Chesapeake area - the state had to include those idiots. What you're left with is Merryland.

Maryland fans are Syracuse fans with different accents. Of course, with the Cuse fans we get much better basketball, so the trade is in our favor.

it is just a sucky state. the flag sucks, the beach sucks, cold in winter and hot as shit in the summer. you get the shittiest ghettos in baltimore, the douchiest douchers in bethesda, and backwards rednecks in that weird part over west virginia.

Former gov. Bob Ehrlich was an asst on Groh's staff in the early 80's while he was in law school. I'd like to wish them luck vs THE Ohio St and Michigan every year.

Former gov. Bob Ehrlich was an asst on Groh's staff in the early 80's while he was in law school. I'd like to wish them luck vs THE Ohio St and Michigan every year.

whoa I didn't know that. I guess I also didn't know that Groh coached Wake (before I was born, don't recall it being mentioned while he was at UVA)

He earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Politics from Princeton University in 1979, where he captained the freshman and varsity football teams, and his Juris Doctorate from Wake Forest University in 1982, where he worked his way through school as a Graduate Assistant under coaches John Mackovic and Al Groh.

http://washingtonpostlive.com/conferences/speakers/the-honorable-robert-l-ehrlich-jr

It's been real Maryland. I'll miss a lot of things about visiting the campus. For starters I'll miss walking across the largest Quad in the country. Oh wait you call it a Mall? Why not just call it Big Ass Random Field? Wanna FROLF at the BARF? College Park is rough but at least it's close to DC, and Bentley's is a great pregame hangout. Your celebrity list is impressive: Jim Henson, Scott Van Pelt, Tupac Shakur. Apparently you guys have a sweet arboretum and botanical garden it's such a shame Poison Ivy aka Debbie Yow had to transfer over to your athletic department thus causing you to leave the greatest conference in America for cash monies. Best wishes rest of the way but hopefully Wake ends the series with a W.

Copying my post about MD's garbage flag from the CT: Maryland has a terrible state flag. I'm virtually certain that only people from there actually like it. Just so ugly.

Back