• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Matt Groening's Mother's Obituary

Saw this yesterday and thought it was pretty funny...I just think it's weird that his brother Mark got left out.

Saw this yesterday and thought it was pretty funny...I just think it's weird that his brother Mark got left out.
Yeah, I laughed at this comment under the story: "I'm really curious as to what Mark Groening did to piss off his brother so much that he wound up as the only member of his immediate family that didn't wind up with a Simpsons character named after him."

Could Mark = Bart? Maybe they thought it sounded better, or wanted something that didn't sound too similar to "Marge"?

Bart was chosen as an anagram of brat, since he thought Matt would be too obvious.

Also, one could infer that Bart is a good combo of Matt and Mark. Except for the whole B thing.

Back