• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Matt Wells (Utah State HC)

wake20

Reaction score
Fuck it. Let's give this man his own thread.

Initial rumors:

Brad James ‏@BroncosItaly 1h
on Campus Insiders, the scuttlebutt was that Utah State coach Matt Wells could be the new head coach at Wake Forest, possibly

Joe Garcia ‏@Joe_Garcia49 1h SINCE DELETED
Source: Utah State HC Matt Wells is on the verge of being Wake Forest new head coach.

Discussions (Kyle Goon, Utah St writer):

Kyle Goon ‏@kylegoon 18m
I'm seeing the Matt Wells Wake Forest rumors, only have seen one source so far. Trying to check out what's happening. Stay tuned.

Kyle Goon ‏@kylegoon 1m
Just on its face, I am a little skeptical about this rumor. USU is Matt Wells' alma mater. He has a lot of ties, and he's well liked here.

BSD Profile

UPDATES

Wade Denniston ‏@wdbowler 39s
From what I'm hearing, this rumor about Matt Wells leaving for Wake Forest is not true. Can't always trust social media, obviously.

Kyle Goon ‏@kylegoon 12m
Hearing from #USU source that admin has not received any word from Wake Forest about talking to or interviewing Matt Wells. #Aggies #WFU

Last edited:
Has virtually no ties to the Triad or east coast football.

Offensive minded. I think that he got to the MWC title game without Chuckie Keeton, which is very impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a bright young football mind. Good recap by the fellas at BSD. Intriguing for sure, although the guy who tweeted that doesn't actually seem to be an "insider" on anything.

Looks like @Joe_Garcia49 has since deleted his tweet and now has simply retweeted @BroncosItaly

lol

Yea this sounds bogus now, but this had me hyped: http://utah.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1186768

Matt Wells, Utah State
Buzz: Wells and fellow assistant coach Ilaisa Tuiaki share recruiting responsibilities and both did an outstanding job on the trail along with many other Utah State coaches. Wells had a big influence on landing two-star quarterback Chuckie Keeton, a former Air Force commit. The Aggies finished tops in the WAC rankings.

I expect some names to be floated in order to distract from the real target.

Kyle Goon ‏@kylegoon 39s
Hearing from #USU source that admin has not received any word from Wake Forest about talking to or interviewing Matt Wells. #Aggies #WFU

I saw Utah State's hoops team play in the 2001 NCAA Tournament in Greensboro. Their cheerleaders were very good looking, and they upset Ohio State in the first round.

That's all I've got.

Wade Denniston ‏@wdbowler 39s
From what I'm hearing, this rumor about Matt Wells leaving for Wake Forest is not true. Can't always trust social media, obviously.

USU beat writer.

I saw Utah State's hoops team play in the 2001 NCAA Tournament in Greensboro. Their cheerleaders were very good looking, and they upset Ohio State in the first round.

That's all I've got.

I actually saw them play FB on the smurf turf a few years back. Cheerleaders were still hot.

That's all I've got.

I saw Demarco Murray reel off a 96 yard TD run against them during his freshman year before he tore his ACL the first time.

----------
Tapatalk.

Back