• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mayweather v Maidana

I mean it was clearly a win for Maywheather from what I saw.

You said you missed the early rounds. Maidana was at his best early. I bet your view would have been skewed if you saw the whole fight.

You said you missed the early rounds. Maidana was at his best early. I bet your view would have been skewed if you saw the whole fight.

No doubt I turned on in round 8. I didn't see Mayweather lose a round from then till the end. May have lost the last round.

I thought Mayweather won eight rounds but I wouldn't argue with someone smarter than me on three of those, maybe four.

I think Mayweather wins the last round and the fight 5 rounds to 7. That being said if a judge was hunting rounds for Maidana he could find a couple.

Much closer than Mayweather wanted. It will be interesting to see what tomato cans Mayweather digs up from hear on in to get to the record.

Tomato Cans? So Maidana and Cotto and Canelo are tomato cans huh? Is Juan Manuel Marquez a tomato can? It's crazy that people feel as though floyd doesn't fight anybody but he has just beaten the last two hottest fighters in boxing in their prime!

I thought you didn't watch Mayweather fights, Skins. Bummed I missed last night.

Mayweather is the Tim Duncan of boxing. Nothing flashy or entertaining but always winning and effective. Except Duncan isn't a total d-bag.

I thought you didn't watch Mayweather fights, Skins. Bummed I missed last night.

I don't buy Mayweather fights or go out of my way to watch them. Had a good free link and nothing else to do.

Comparing him to Duncan is laughable. Duncan doesn't get to pick his opponents and dodge people he is scared might beat him.

Mayweather is the Tim Duncan of boxing. Nothing flashy or entertaining but always winning and effective. Except Duncan isn't a total d-bag.

HUH? He's the opposite of Tim. Floyd is all flash.

Tim's game is boring and effective. Floyd's game is boring and effective. Both win.

I'm aware they have very different personalities.

I don't buy Mayweather fights or go out of my way to watch them. Had a good free link and nothing else to do.

Comparing him to Duncan is laughable. Duncan doesn't get to pick his opponents and dodge people he is scared might beat him.

GTFO! Is that how basketball playoffs work?

Mayweather vs Broner would be worth it just to witness the pre-fight circus ...

HUH? He's the opposite of Tim. Floyd is all flash.

t1_floyd.jpg

I understand the anger towards Mayweather ducking Pacq, but some people take it too far...he is clearly one of the top 3 pound for pound fighters. Maidana went off 20lbs heavier than what he weighed in at..that's ridiculous... Is Mayweather flash? Sure. But his defense is near flawless.

Would be disappointed with either of those, but they seem to be the most likely. Would love to see a young energy guy get a shot.

I think it is clear he is not going to fight someone he is not 100% he can beat.

I think it is clear he is not going to fight someone he is not 100% he can beat.

So who does that rule out? We know he's not fighting Paq, but who else is off the table? Seemed like Alvarez was the type of guy he might've avoided, but he fought him as the next big thing.

I just don't get how one judge could have it a tied and the others could have it 9 rounds to 3 and another 8 to 4.

The same way Ali won all those close fights back in the day. Hard to beat the big name unless you knock him out

Back