• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBAs: Worth it?

I had two choices...a top 25 school for free (my mom's a prof there) or a top 3 school with debt. I'm taking the debt. I hope I'm right.

I had two choices...a top 25 school for free (my mom's a prof there) or a top 3 school with debt. I'm taking the debt. I hope I'm right.

Have you recovered from your accident yet?

I'm not sure what I'd do in your situation.

Have you recovered from your accident yet?

I'm not sure what I'd do in your situation.

Doctors said I'd never walk again and I'd be immobile for 6 months. I can walk with a cane now and it's been just under 5 months so the recovery has gone very well. My surgeon, who I see once a month, couldn't believe it when I walked into my last appointment. He said if I walked again it would take 2 years at a minimum.

As per MBA, it was a tough choice but everyone I talked to told me you just don't turn down the program I was accepted into. So I'm going with it even though this accident basically wasted a year of my life. At least now when things get tough with school/work/life I have perspective and experience to draw from so hopefully I'll kick ass in MBA school.

Glad to hear about your recovery Caturday.

Assuming you're doing it for the networking and will be switching jobs, this is an absolute no-brainer.

WFU undergraduate, MBA state school somewhere else.
I've got 17 years experience in the Sales and Marketing world. I chose to go back to get my MBA after about 10 years after leaving Wake. I did the 3-year part time thing.

I think the value of an MBA is entire dependent on what you want to do with it. For me, it opened some doors that otherwise would be harder to open. In my field, it really doesn't matter where you get your degree- Ivy League or state school- it is a "check the box" thing for applying for jobs. If you've got the degree, then your results and performance on the job is what matters.

Back