• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 23: Deacs Host Pitt - Wednesday 7pm ESPN2

If Mucius leaves, I hope we see a rotation like this.

PG Transfer
SG Williamson
SF Monsanto
PF LaRavia
C Transfer

PG Whitt
G/F Hildreth, McCray, Taylor (hot hand)
C Marsh

Out of the rotation Keller and likely one of McCray or Taylor

Any other transfers would be a huge plus.

maybe, but i will say you (and skydiving) ruin most game threads for me, enough to generally keep me away from posting on them. others may have different opinions though.

I think there’s a happy medium of positive jock slurping and excessive negativity. I definitely expect too much from our guys and lean negative. But I also don’t call out other posters. And when I responded in kind to sportsmed in one of the last game threads where he questioned my fandom, I was surprised by the number of pos reps I received (I DGAF about rep and rarely check it). Didn’t realize his reputation on here.

No beef with you and I’ll try to cut down the negativity towards our guys.

We don’t know yet whether we’re losing Williamson.

Really? Hope he stays then. I love the guy. Not sure why he would not come back if eligible unless he is tired of college. Losing Manman and Williamson will leave a huge hole as far as experience and production.

The irritating thing about the way that you and SkyDiving post on these game threads is treating individual moments as whole referendums on a player or a coach’s ability. Y’all get stuck in the trees bitching without considering that shit happens, there are a lot of different reasons that something we tried didn’t work, one possession does not define a season, etc.

FWIW, I could totally see that in years past with MBB in particular. I was one of the biggest and loudest critics of Bzzzz and Manning (on and off the boards) while it felt like others were trying to pump positivity into a shit situation. Our teams were terrible and super frustrating to watch. Not the case now at all, IMHO. Most game threads I’m fairly positive. But yeah, whatever…to each their own. I enjoy your posts as well…there’s probably only a handful of people where that’s not the case.

Back to the more important topic here…we legit have a good team. I feel like we can make a deep run in the ACCT and even the NCAAT if we play really good defense, limit silly TOs and run our offense. Forbes deserves a medal for what he’s done in two years…so does Currie.

If Mucius leaves, I hope we see a rotation like this.

PG Transfer
SG Williamson
SF Monsanto
PF LaRavia
C Transfer

PG Whitt
G/F Hildreth, McCray, Taylor (hot hand)
C Marsh

Out of the rotation Keller and likely one of McCray or Taylor

Any other transfers would be a huge plus.

Honestly, I hope Mucius doesn’t leave. If this year proves anything, it’s that he had a not good supporting cast for most of his career at Wake. When he plays to his potential, he’s a really good on ball defender and a threat from three as well as offensive put backs. The hardest person to replace will be Alondes clearly, but I’d also love to get a stretch 4 like Sy. Keller may be able to fill that role, though.

that was a weird game as the opposing team shoot lights out in the second half but yet never really made a run. I was focused on ManMan's triple double and I got to tell you that is not near as much fun as just rooting for the team- I got to quit doing that.
As for the daily take on Whitt- it's getting obvious that the scouting report on him is out in the ACC and the moment he checks into the game, the other team just attacks him on both offense and defense. It's not just the "negative" posters on this board that see the weaknesses in his game, its ACC coaches as well.

I agree. It would be great to have Mucius back although Monsanto may take the starting SF spot. I don’t think they could play much together at SG and SF.

that was a weird game as the opposing team shoot lights out in the second half but yet never really made a run. I was focused on ManMan's triple double and I got to tell you that is not near as much fun as just rooting for the team- I got to quit doing that.
As for the daily take on Whitt- it's getting obvious that the scouting report on him is out in the ACC and the moment he checks into the game, the other team just attacks him on both offense and defense. It's not just the "negative" posters on this board that see the weaknesses in his game, its ACC coaches as well.

To be fair, that’s the scouting report on any freshman PG in the ACC.

To be fair, that’s the scouting report on any freshman PG in the ACC.

Whitt played fine tonight and hit a three. Think he hit one three last game so perhaps getting some confidence.

Mucius leaving would not be a big deal. It frees up a spot for Forbes to reload. Forbes can do better in the transfer market if we’re honest. The Bzzz and DM eras contained way too much handwringing over players who don’t move the needle. Mucius doesn’t either.

Mucius leaving would not be a big deal. It frees up a spot for Forbes to reload. Forbes can do better in the transfer market if we’re honest. The Bzzz and DM eras contained way too much handwringing over players who don’t move the needle. Mucius doesn’t either.

Nah, come on man. Mucius staying would be big. You never know what will be available in the portal.

I’ll respectfully disagree. We have won a number of games this year due to his play in particular. In the past, someone could have said we lost a game due to him, but if we’re being honest it’s mostly because he was asked to do too much by a bad coach and relied on too much because we didn’t have good players around him. It took Forbes and an influx of talent for me to realize that because I’ve been a critic of his in the past.

He’s a good leader and role player. He loves Wake and the team and coaches respect him. We’d be better with him on the squad next year than not, IMHO.

Wait what? It is not easy to find guys that can average 10 ppg on an NCAA caliber ACC team. Not to mention the leadership he provides and massive clutch shots he’s made. It would be crazy to want him to leave.

Nah, come on man. Mucius staying would be big. You never know what will be available in the portal.

For real. If we found a 6-8 wing grad transfer who started and shot well for an NCAA Tourney team, we’d be excited. Well that’s what Mucius will be next year.

Forbes has done an amazing job working with the portal but there is some randomness involved in those transactions.

Not to mention, two of his transfers were kids he originally successfully recruited. He will not have that luxury moving forward.

All that to say I’ll keep Mucius next year if we can.

McCray should be seeing in practice everyday up close and personal, just how good Manman is. When he is on the floor, he doesn't look lost or overmatched. That is good. Haven't seen enough to know how good his court vision is. Yes, he does have some quicks. He just needs to channel that quickness in profitable ways.

Can someone please tell me who is Debby, the woman working with R. Davis.

Back