• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 28: WF hosts ND - Saturday 1 pm - Bally Sports

As frustrated as I was with Alondes, he definitely won that game for us. Solid player.

I'd give the game ball to Sy. He stepped into the void as our #3 scorer and had fricken 10 rbs.

I guess DV7 might have learned his name by now (sorry couldn't help it).

not sure how much it matters, but a strong finish could get our win @UVA into “quad 1” (the whole concept is pretty silly imo)

not sure how much it matters, but a strong finish could get our win @UVA into “quad 1” (the whole concept is pretty silly imo)

Ahh ok. I’m just thinking about ACC standings. We have pretty much no chance of passing Miami given they hold the tiebreakers and are 2 games up in the L column. On the other hand UVA is tied with us but we do hold the tiebreaker.

He plays a lot of minutes and goes hard on defense. It might well affect his shooting down the stretch

i think you misunderstood my post — he is money at the end of games (my perspective) but doesn’t seem to have shot as well in the middle of games. but think it’s mostly random variance even if true.

Ok, back to four days of discussing:

- Wake wins out (reg season)
- Wake double bye watch
- Wake wins out (ACCT)
- Who is the stupidest bracketologist in the country
- NCAA seeding (better to be a 10 vs 8/9, can we get a 7 or 6)

Actually probably more helpful if UVA loses.

Yeah. Either outcome works for us. UVa has Duke again so they and UNC have the most likely losses of the top 5 teams.

We likely pass UNC for #4. Miami would need to lose 3 games for us to pass them for #3. ND would need to lose 2 (Cuse, GT, FSU, Pitt).

i don’t think there’s much significance to it regardless, but i’d be curious about mucius 3 point shooting splits for the first and last 5 minutes of games vs the middle 30. feels like he’s 50%+ for the former and 20% the latter.
i think you misunderstood my post — he is money at the end of games (my perspective) but doesn’t seem to have shot as well in the middle of games. but think it’s mostly random variance even if true.
Oh I did, my bad. I read it as beginning vs. end rather than beginning and end vs. middle

Forbes just mentioned Wesley is on NBA draft boards. Just checked two recent mocks and both had him at #23 to the Pacers.

Also mentioned he loved the crowd.

Yeah. Either outcome works for us. UVa has Duke again so they and UNC have the most likely losses of the top 5 teams.

We likely pass UNC for #4. Miami would need to lose 3 games for us to pass them for #3. ND would need to lose 2 (Cuse, GT, FSU, Pitt).

If we get the double bye, I think it's likely Wake #4 and dook #1.

But two possibilities to get out of a dook semi game (sure we might beat them there but we'd still have to win the final, which would not be a slam dunk)

- ND loses 2 games. They almost lost to BC at home. Not real likely but maybe they won't make 10 3's in those games.
- Miami wins out, dook drops one game. Dook drops to the 2 and Miami gets the 1 based on the tiebreaker.

If we have to beat dook, I want it to be to deprive kaye of a final ACCT championship.

Great 2nd half and huge dub. Really sets up the rest of the season for better seeding vs sweating to get in.

On TV, 2nd half crowd noise was the loudest I can remember since maybe JC year against Louisville.

Norte Dame is so good offensively. Lord! Just enough stops.

i don’t think there’s much significance to it regardless, but i’d be curious about mucius 3 point shooting splits for the first and last 5 minutes of games vs the middle 30. feels like he’s 50%+ for the former and 20% the latter.

Mucius is making 80%* of his HUGE 3 point attempts this season. That’s the highest mark since Taron Downey.

*unofficially

Is Littlejohn another of these ridiculous road losing streaks or have we had any modicum of success there more recently?

Back