• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 5: LMU Lions Sunday 2:30 pm - CBSN

I realize calls are screened and handlers involved but can SOMEONE ask Forbes this week on his show just what the hell he was thinking with us up by 3 in regulation and not fouling them?!?!?

I await his answer.
The way we bat the ball around, they would have gotten the OR and laid it in

In addition to the horrific coach decisions already referenced, what's up with saving the timeouts to take back on the plane?

Seems we could have used them when we had players trapped in corners.

Forbes seems like a great guy, motivator, team builder, etc, but a way below average in game coach. Sucks. How many epic late game collapses have we had in his tenure?

Since we had a lead in regulation and OT we had the rare opportunity for 3 of our players to choke. Appleby fell apart to close out regulation, Cam fell apart after getting what should have been the game winning steal, and Marsh choked twice to take the title, he missed 2 free throws and an uncontested layup with plenty of time left to lose the game. That was incredible. Woof.

Appleby turning the ball over so uncharacteristically

You know what’s worse than playing in a shitty tournament that your stupid predecessor left you with?

Playing in that tournament and losing

Love Forbes, but he has consistently not used timeouts when he should for his tenure so far. Frustrating loss.

In game coaching sucked at the end. But until recruiting gets better, the bad coaching is going to be magnified. Simply need better players to avoid being in close games in the first place.

Embarrassing loss. No excuse being up 8 with under 2 minutes. Coaching sucked

Love Forbes, but he has consistently not used timeouts when he should for his tenure so far. Frustrating loss.
I mean, he called a timeout to set up a final play and Cam just drove straight into a double team and threw up garbage. You can argue fouling up 3 but we had guys who played well most of the game suddenly melt down. Not sure how Forbes could predict that. I'd have liked a timeout the moment Cam got doubled in the corner I guess. Players just choked, that game should have been a cakewalk to close.

Back