• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 6: Oregon State Beavers: Friday 9:30 pm - CBS Sports Network DirecTV Ch. 221

WF ranks on key stats among the 358 D1 MBB teams:

Offense:

Effective FG%: #4
FTA per FGA: #80
3 PT%: #28
2 PT FG%: #4

Defense:

Effective FG%: #89
TO %: #29
3 PT FG%: #188
2 PT FG%: #55
Block%: #73
Steal%: #15

Schedule strength: #354
Height: #55

Schedule has been super-easy, but the team has shot exceptionally well, played strong pressure defense and defended the paint. Good things to build on.

I was going to add some of these, as when was the last time Wake was good (even against poor competition) on offense.

#22 in scoring 87.6/gm
#5 FG% 61.9%
#32 in 3p% 40.2%

On defense #16 in steals at 11/gm

If the offense continues to cook, given it's the 1st game away from the Joel, we should do a bit better than a 1 point win.

My very first year of following college basketball closely (I'm going to date myself here), Depaul and Oregon St. were at the top of polls most of the year- I believe it was 1980-81- so for that reason(and also Gary Payton), I still think of Oregon St as a basketball power.

My very first year of following college basketball closely (I'm going to date myself here), Depaul and Oregon St. were at the top of polls most of the year- I believe it was 1980-81- so for that reason(and also Gary Payton), I still think of Oregon St as a basketball power.

Oregon St was #1 in the country and at the top of our bracket in 81. They lost earlier in the day, IIRC we would have played them next (pre 64 team field with buys), but we were upset by BC later in the day.

Of course we knocked DePaul out in 84, Ray Meyer's final season.

Also, only the 2nd time we've played Oregon State (20 point win in 78 for the Deacs).

Steve Johnson

Mark Aguirre
Rod Strickland
Ty Corbin
Dallas Comegys

Poorly lit arenas.

Great 70's, early 80's intro music

Last edited:
Mucius put up good numbers in the first half of both the last two games. Good to see. He needs to keep doing that so opposing defenses have to play him honestly. We will se if Oregon State plays defense on him early or lets him get going early. If he does, that unlocks a lot of the rest of Wake's offense.

Can't mention great Oregon St. teams without mentioning Charlie Sitton. Believe he wore #52.

Going to be interesting to watch how Forbes manages minutes at the 5. This is the first game against high major size and physicality on the low block, so I am curious to see if that leads to more minutes for Sy and Marsh and less for Walton, as he tends to get pushed around physically while Sy and Marsh can be more assertive.

Or going big with Sy at PF.

Have 2 extras for tonight if anybody wants them.

I would assume Walton gets all the minutes he can handle tonight.

He’s played this team in the Pac-12.

Back