• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

McDonald's All-Americans Since 1977

I'd love to see a correlation of those numbers to level of success achieved. I'm going to guess we're going to be much worse than 34th.

Teams that have won 8 of the last 10 National Championships are in the top 10 in securing Mcd's AA's. Who would have thought?

No 1-and-done's, please.

I think they included the players wherever they wanted to. Example: the Wear brothers are on Carolina's list.

Burger boys don't win championships, [Redacted] wins championships!

IIRC, Maryland in 2002 is the only team in the last 30 or so years to win the NC without a single McDonalds AA. With that said, it appears more teams without McD's A-A are getting closer (VCU, Butler, Wichita State) in recent years because many McD's A-As have shortened their college stints. Also, in selecting the McD's A-A teams, there is a major bias in favor of those that committed to Duke, UNC, Kentucky over other schools. UNC has a ton of McD's AA's that had no business being on that list.

Last edited:
IIRC, Maryland in 2002 is the only team in the last 30 or so years to win the NC without a single McDonalds AA. With that said, it appears more teams are getting closer (VCU, Butler, Wichita State) in recent years because many McD's A-As have shortened their college stints.

I'd love to see a breakdown of how long the average burger boy stays on campus by year.

Back