• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Media Email Adresses

7dimes

Reaction score
Last night I emailed both Dana Oneil and Eamon Brennan at ESPN begging that they push for a story regarding the fall of Wake athletics and why on earth Bzz is still our coach. I doubt I'll have much luck, but I think we could push local beat writers to do a story on Wake's fall. Charlotte, Raleigh, Greensboro, etc…

Can people please provide contact emails for columnists on this thread so we can all begin to email them? Normal emails, not ones that are fueled by hatred. We need these people to understand our plight and since we don't have a huge fan base these emails need to be legitimate. Twitter is also a good way to hit these people up...

What about the Charlotte paper? There must be some contacts from Wake alums there. A national story would be great but I think a damning local story could be just as effective and maybe easier to get done.

What about Dan Collins? Why not email him and tell him we understand that he can't bite the hand that feeds him, but would be provide contacts at other papers for us. It's worth a shot. Can someone provide his email?

HELLO - PLEASE EMAIL YOUR BOY HABERSTROH

Seth Davis is another guy to reach out to. He tweets a lot about how it was stupid of us to fire Dino and hire [Redacted]. He might write an article.

please include vtwhat etc's charts in your email. They quickly tell the story.

- Buzz's RPI by year
- Losses to 100+ RPI teams with Skip, Dino, and Buzz

My email to Jeff Goodman…I'll do this all day if you keep providing contacts.

Hi Jeff,
I'm emailing you for help. I am a Wake alum 03 and as I'm sure you have noticed our athletics program has been destroyed in the past few years including our lowest ever standing in the directors cup. Ron Wellman has done some great things at Wake, but the hiring of Jeff [Redacted] has taken our program to unheard of lows. We have a proud but small base of followers and we need media attention to have the university respond. I hate asking for negative publicity, but an empty coliseum, students who've given up on our team, and a stubborn AD and President who refuse to acknowledge our plight have led to this impasse. Your help is much appreciated as are any other media contacts you think appropriate to reach out to.

Can someone post charts? not sure how to locate.

Thanks for contacts Ilovecarpet...

HELLO - PLEASE EMAIL YOUR BOY HABERSTROH

he could nonchalantly put in an article about bzz between grading the efforts of rashard lewis and comparing lebron james to michael jordan. SEEMS LEGIT.

One is on the KenPom thread.. not sure where to locate the 2nd.. vtwhat etc bat signal!

If we play up the cronyism angle and the fact that Wake has never had or seriously considered a black coach (right?) the media might cover the Bzisaster.

Back