• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

meet the new boss

Any chance BKF picked a fight as a pretext to bug out so's he wouldn't have to deal with this shit?

Can someone explain how a Rand Paul, Chris Christie, or Hillary Clinton would/could do any better in this clusterfuck job in this clusterfuck era?

Can someone explain how a Rand Paul, Chris Christie, or Hillary Clinton would/could do any better in this clusterfuck job in this clusterfuck era?

I think that's an independent point. In the here-and-now, Obama's looks a lot like GWB's, in some ways much better and in some ways much worse. And it's compounded because of the fact that he duped a ton of dems into thinking that he was farther left than he is and followed a horrible excuse for a president. With higher expectations than perhaps were deserved, Obama has really been underwhelming at best. I don't think that's a controversial point.

You're right - those dudes wouldn't fare much better, but I'm not sure that's the point.

I heard a Rutgers PoliSci prof on NPR this morning who said, though, that if you adjust the approval ratings to take congress and senate members' approval ratings into consideration, Obama is actually doing more or less the same. More than people hating this president, the data shows that they really just hate the government as a whole right now, it seems.

the president doesn't matter at all?

the president doesn't matter at all?

not saying that. Just wondering (rhetorically) what hamstrings presidents into such suckdom. Mark me down as highly disappointed in Barack Obama. But I am sure he came in with the highest of aspirations, and the interests who really run this country just continued with their agenda with a new guy in the driver's seat. So yeah, us regular peeps are just flabbergasted yet again. That, and I think the prospect of a terrorist attack on their watch with women and children burning int he street or riddled with shrapnel pushed them to extremes like drone striking other women and children into oblivion in a faraway land and listening to me on my cell phone.

I was asking, really, is there any hope in the next boss, or were Pete Townshend's words eternally prophetic?

i chalk it up to pete's genius. sometimes things can just be said in the simplest manner without any of the extra bullshit.

not saying that. Just wondering (rhetorically) what hamstrings presidents into such suckdom. Mark me down as highly disappointed in Barack Obama. But I am sure he came in with the highest of aspirations, and the interests who really run this country just continued with their agenda with a new guy in the driver's seat. So yeah, us regular peeps are just flabbergasted yet again. That, and I think the prospect of a terrorist attack on their watch with women and children burning int he street or riddled with shrapnel pushed them to extremes like drone striking other women and children into oblivion in a faraway land and listening to me on my cell phone.

I was asking, really, is there any hope in the next boss, or were Pete Townshend's words eternally prophetic?

Have you read 1984? it's good stuff

Because Christie has a set on him and isn't a glorified Yes Man like our current and former president.

Back