• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mel Kiper: Kyle Wilber one of top 5 DE's in 2012 Draft

I don't have Insider. Is Wilbur on Kiper's list as a DE or OLB?

Kiper has him as the 4th best DE.

Quinton Coples 6-6 275
Vince Browne 6-5 265
Vinny Curry 6-5 242
Kyle Wilber 6-5 230
Cam Johnson 6-4 265

"Wilber could be the first impact defender to get drafted out of Wake since Aaron Curry"

Has Aaron Curry made a greater impact for Seattle than 'Zo did for the Lions last year?

Kiper has him as the 4th best DE.

Quinton Coples 6-6 275
Vince Browne 6-5 265
Vinny Curry 6-5 242
Kyle Wilber 6-5 230
Cam Johnson 6-4 265

"Wilber could be the first impact defender to get drafted out of Wake since Aaron Curry"

Zo sure as hell made an impact for the Patriots

I still see him listed as 230 everywhere. He looks a lot bigger than 230. Or at least his frame makes him look bigger.

He is quite a player.

Has Aaron Curry made a greater impact for Seattle than 'Zo did for the Lions last year?

Probably still did. He was an every down player and towards the end of the season when the rest of the defense got banged up they used him EVERYWHERE. I bet in the last 4 games of the year about 15-20% of the snaps he was lined up at DT.

Good to hear - hopefully having scouts there watching Wilber all season will result in teams taking chances on other Deacons later in the draft

I still see him listed as 230 everywhere. He looks a lot bigger than 230. Or at least his frame makes him look bigger.

He is quite a player.

If he is more than 230 it is not by much. It is kind of disappointing he has not filled out more in the mold of Jeremy Thompson who came in thin and then left Wake in the 260s. At 260 and keeping his speed Wilber could make himself some money.

I don't know anything about pro football, and I hope that the Mel is right. It is hard to imagine, though, being able to play either defensive end or outside linebacker at 230 pounds in the NFL. Hell, there's quite a few qbs there who are near or more than 230 pounds. Does he have the kind of speed to make up for the slighter size?

Back