• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Men's Basketball Boycott

BillDoodle

Reaction score
If not now-----when? If not us---who?

Sometimes drastic times require drastic action. Sacrifice now for the future.

Are they deaf and dumb in the Wake Admin?

Something has got to change.

Uhhh... I mean I am pretty sure this started like 3 years ago with a lot of people.

End the women's bball boycott and start a men's one? IN. Except the women's bball part

looking at the Joel over the past couple of seasons, I think this movement has long been in the works.

@AJonesACC: Not to pounce on Wake, but the Deacs are a game-and-a-half from last place in year four of the current regime.

The time has come. Bzzz is good as gone. Best boycott you can do at this point is simply not showing up at the games. Any action beyond that would only encourage Wellman to go on another ego trip to spite us.

Anyone want to start taking bets on when bzz is fired? I'd be in for 100$ because I've got a pretty good guess.

Boycott has happened for me by default...I didn't even know we had a game tonight. I no longer put the schedule in my smart phone. I don't give a shit until we replace this poor excuse of an ACC coach.

If not now-----when? If not us---who?

Sometimes drastic times require drastic action. Sacrifice now for the future.

Are they deaf and dumb in the Wake Admin?

Something has got to change.

Is this even fucking serious?

This is like if there was Union artillery arriving on Little Round Top on July 4th, 1863 and asked why the guys there weren't more pumped up about beating the rebels.

@AJonesACC: Not to pounce on Wake, but the Deacs are a game-and-a-half from last place in year four of the current regime.

I just can't believe it. DemanDeac and NCScout led me so astray on 24/7 Sports. THEY FOLLOW SPORTS 24/7!1!1 HOW did they get this wrong?!?!

Thread Title: Wake picked 13th in basketball.

DemanDeac wrote:
By the ACC media and I am here to say, that will not happen. I look for us to finish between 7-10th and possibly higher if a few players can step up more than expected.

NCScout wrote:
Wake hoops is vastly improved this year! 13th is unacceptable. Let's see how the guys impress early on and draw our own conclusions.
bs_sign.gif

Some light resistence was thrown out in their Candyland... DemanDeac BRAVELY calmed the natives!
As long as it is kept civil, disagreements are fine. I disagree with 2012 because I think the ACC as a whole will be a LOT weaker and since we played more freshman minutes than ANY other team, I think we should improve the most

But DemanDeac pleads for us to not assume anything and just judge [Redacted] after the season is over...
No problem with your points as they are your opinion, as are mine. We will just have to agree to disagree and let the results determine the correctness of our projections. I am not saying the Deacs will finish in the top 6 but between 7-10 and I stand by that. Time will tell however and I have never batted 1000 so I could absolutely be wrong. [Redacted] does have a lot to prove, as do some of the players, but by years end we will be able to write a report card and see whether they passed or failed.

Back