• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Men's Golf - 8th Place Finish

thedeacfan

Ricky Peral
Reaction score
Come to Ron Wellman's Wake Forest and learn to fail... the right way!

We really need to get the ACC Championship away from Old North State. We have zero luck there.

We really need to get the ACC Championship away from Old North State. We have zero luck there.

Or we could just recruit/coach better. Or fire Jerry Haas, which should have been done years ago. I'm sure you've played it, but Old North State is an amazing course, and one of my favorites in NC. Might be my overall favorite. I think I remember that you like Haas, but he's got to go at this point.

Are they good guys who work hard? Well, then that's all that matters to Premier Wellman.

I'm not sure we ever get back to elite status in golf.

We won't get to elite status in anything with Ron Wellman.

As long as the course, luck, and rain are among the defining factors, I see nothing wrong with our former national powerhouse golf team finishing 8th out of 11 in the conference.

As long as the course, luck, and rain are among the defining factors, I see nothing wrong with our former national powerhouse golf team finishing 8th out of 11 in the conference.

They are factors, but not the defining ones.

Haas is in the in with RW

He'll retire as a Deac with the school record for 8th place finishes

#MediocritywithClass

Absolutely they are all factors, but are those factors worth the 33 strokes we finished behind Duke?

I wasn't there but I suspect the other teams also had to deal with the course, luck and weather, just as they have for the past 25 years that we have failed to win a title.

Guys... We don't want to win with golfers who leave school early for the pros. Bad culture and bad for Wake Forest.

Pretty sure everyone is being sarcastic. That's about all Wellman has left for us to do.

You guys missed that we actually received an award for our "historical competitiveness".

Ok...poor performance...as expected. Doesn't make sense why we should be invited to the regionals with the best tournament finish of third this year. Get the participation medals out for the regionals. I'm sure our baseball team will make up for this disappointment.

Back