• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Men's Golf

Our four guys that counted gained 9 shots on UNF over the last 6 holes - to beat them by 4. Clutch!

Given how many big numbers and birdies we make, I like our team in match play. IF, they can get to it.

Wake probably doesn't have great odds but we've been highly ranked most of the year and it just takes a good week. Making match play would be so awesome viewing wise.

Whatever. They aren't very predictive of performance.

Yes they are.

24 of the 30 teams that advanced are ranked in the top 30, including the top 19 in the nation.

Did Not Make It:

20. Duke
23. Washington
25. UNC
27. Texas A&M (lost in a playoff to No. 22 SDSU)
29. UNLV
30. Augusta

Made It Instead:

31. Purdue
32. Kentucky
35. Houston
37. UAB
TCU
Louisville

That's a pretty good indicator that their rankings are well done.

Last edited:
12 of the 14 SEC schools played in a region. 9 of them made the finals - GA, SC, AL, KY, Auburn, Vandy, LSU, FL, and AR. Three didn't advance - MS, TN, A&M. Strangely (I thought), 6 played in the same region and five of them advanced. Golf conference.

A little embarrassing that UAB outplayed us being ranked 37 and beating us by 6 strokes. Still, that's golf. But 3 of the teams that finished in the top five were all ranked below us.

Is Zalatoris injured? Seems that was intimated a few pages back. Would I be correct in concluding if he's played at his normal level, shooting in the upper 60s, we'd have finished in 2nd and possibly could have put a little pressure on Stanford? If so, this would be encouraging for the finals.

Last edited:
Unless you win the regionals, the only thing that matters is advancing.

Our AA played as bad as could possibly be imagined and we still advanced. That's a good thing.

A little embarrassing that UAB outplayed us being ranked 37 and beating us by 6 strokes. Still, that's golf. But 3 of the teams that finished in the top five were all ranked below us.

Is Zalatoris injured? Seems that was intimated a few pages back. Would I be correct in concluding if he's played at his normal level, shooting in the upper 60s), we'd have finished in 2nd and possibly could have put a little pressure on Stanford? If so, this would be encouraging for the finals.

It's survive and advance, which we did.

I'm really impressed with our moxie down the stretch. Need to get Will healthy (if he is in fact lacking a bit) to have a chance at making the final 8.

Kind of sucks for Zalatoris that the Nelson is this weekend. I am sure it would have been tons of fun to be there for the whole week, playing practice rounds with different pros, soaking in the atmosphere, etc. Instead, it probably feels like a whirlwind, especially considering how he played in Tucson.

Back