• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Men's Golf

I also think it is great when basketball players like CP3, Rodney Rogers, Jeff Teague, Al-Faroq Aminu, James Johnson & John Collins all leave early for the NBA. This is great for Wake Forest to have them in the highest level of their sport, carrying their good name & game at the highest level. It was also a great plus for Wake Forest basketball when we were the ONLY school to have 3 players to be in the same NBA All-Star game a couple of years ago. So whether it is golf, football or basketball, it never bothers me because it is up to the individual person as to when they want to earn a living.

Assuming they are ready and don't flame out early.

Assuming they are ready and don't flame out early.

Weird post. Have we ever had an early entrant that didn't end-up having a long NBA career?

I don't think so. Obviously, Collins isn't there yet, but all indicators suggest he will be a long term guy too. I guess JJ and AFA bounced around a bit before really performing to their draft spots.

So it finally paid off for a spectator to show up in their golf shoes, clothes, glove, etc.?

Yep, but gotta be indignant and threaten to have the employee/volunteer fired when they question why your name is not on the list. Not everybody can pull it off.

Weird post. Have we ever had an early entrant that didn't end-up having a long NBA career?

I don't think so. Obviously, Collins isn't there yet, but all indicators suggest he will be a long term guy too. I guess JJ and AFA bounced around a bit before really performing to their draft spots.

Kenny Green?

Kenny Green?

good call

Green went one pick ahead of Karl Malone and scored a total of 265 points; I believe that merits an OOOOPS

Zalatoris in the clubhouse today at even par tied for 85th or so with a few golfers still on the course

And also this...

Tied with Fowler and Woods, one stroke ahead of Jason Day...I'll take it!

Pretty good start.

And a 350 drive is darn good even if it rolled on the cart path........as long as it's in a decent position for the second shot.

Bill Haas is putting together a nice first two rounds. He is currently in 7th place (-5). He had been struggling; three missed cuts in five events this season; only one top 10 since last June. Hope he keeps it going for the tournament.

Update......
Haas had 2 bogies and has fallen back to -3 and 26th place (after his first 6 holes)

Zalatoris is +1 for today (after 9 holes) and is +1 overall. Looks like the cut will be -1, so he can still scramble and make it.

Tiger is -1 after 16 holes
Ryan Palmer in the lead at -11

Bill Haas is putting together a nice first two rounds. He is currently in 7th place (-5). He had been struggling; three missed cuts in five events this season; only one top 10 since last June. Hope he keeps it going for the tournament.

3 straight bogeys put an end to that. Rough year so far.

Haas had a couple of birdies late in his round to finish -2 and make the cut which was -1.
Zalatoris finished at +2 and missed it. However, good experience in his first pro tournament

Haas had a couple of birdies late in his round to finish -2 and make the cut which was -1.
Zalatoris finished at +2 and missed it. However, good experience in his first pro tournament

I checked the leader board final and he finished at even par, but 1 stroke off the cut. Bet he had a lot of pressure on that 18th hole. Tough miss.

yeah, Zalatoris needed to go -4 in his last 5 holes (he started on the 10th) to make the cut

he went birdie, birdie, birdie, par, par, to finish one off the cut line

nice charge but not quite enough

Back