• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Men's Tennis - GREAT NEWS !

Amazing Recruiting Class for the New Coach. This class rivals what Coach V pulls in with soccer. This may be one of the best recruiting classes in any make sport ever. New facilities, new coach, and Wakes strong academics, and unique sports set up may make Wake Men's Tennis not a top 16 team, but a regular national contender. Nice to see!

Although many are consumed by the FB debacle and BB hire. Keep in mind in parallel Wellman has been once again making major strides in non-revenue sports. He has provided top flight facilities, supported the W-S Open, and brought on a great young coach. Wake's tennis soon will be rivaling the soccer, golf, and F Hockey status in the next couple years.

Nice work Ron!!

I'm a die-hard Wake football fan, but I'm also a overall Wake fan and a tennis player so I love to see news about a great new coach, new facilities and a killer recuiting class. Would love to see Wake get into the upper echelon of tennis (as well as any other sport we compete in)

This is definitely a 'Go Deacs' news item.

For all of the decisions to come out of the athletic department recently, the one to hire Tony Bresky might be the best of all of them.

From what I've heard from some people who know tennis, he was pretty much the hottest name in coaching this year, we got him to come here and look who he's bringing in after only a few months on the job. I'm expecting our men's tennis team to be a national powerhouse in the future, although looking at their roster for this year, they only have seven guys so it could be rough going right now. Perhaps why Jeff Zinn left

Nope, that's not why he left.

I agree but from what I've heard from current students, they love the new tailgating situation. I've also heard absolutely no complaints about ALE with the new set-up.

Seriously? I'll take your word for it, since I don't know any current students, but when I was on campus for the ND game the whole situation looked absolutely terrible. People were crammed into little designated areas, and the only participants were fraternities.

Without space for non-fraternities, a lot of students seemed to be missing out. Without pavement/parking lot space, none of the old shenanigans seemed to be taking place. I wanted to see some dizzy bat and kegstands. All I saw were bow-tied gentleman chatting up sundresses and pearls.

Seriously? I'll take your word for it, since I don't know any current students, but when I was on campus for the ND game the whole situation looked absolutely terrible. People were crammed into little designated areas, and the only participants were fraternities.

Without space for non-fraternities, a lot of students seemed to be missing out. Without pavement/parking lot space, none of the old shenanigans seemed to be taking place. I wanted to see some dizzy bat and kegstands. All I saw were bow-tied gentleman chatting up sundresses and pearls.

Nonny's friends love fratting it up

SCDeac13 said:
MysteryMen wrote: For all of the decisions to come out of the athletic department recently, the one to hire Tony Bresky might be the best of all of them.

From what I've heard from some people who know tennis, he was pretty much the hottest name in coaching this year, we got him to come here and look who he's bringing in after only a few months on the job. I'm expecting our men's tennis team to be a national powerhouse in the future, although looking at their roster for this year, they only have seven guys so it could be rough going right now. Perhaps why Jeff Zinn left

Nope, that's not why he left.

Why did he leave?

Texas, I noticed quite a few GDI tailgating in the orange and blue lots. There were some decent sized 15-20 people tailgates over near the Pepsi building that were all students. I assume the non fraternity tailgates moved over to the adult lots. It's not as close, but the ALE has never bothered us over in the blue lot, and they seemed to be enjoying themselves.

As a result of the outdoor facility we've got a professional tennis tournament in Winston. One would also assume that the new facility contributed in part to bringing in Bresky and him subsequently lining up an incredible recruiting class. Seems worthwhile to me. Students will find somewhere else to drink.

Back