• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Message from "Camp"!!

IMABEHERE

Reaction score
Well actually "Camp's" dad but I figured this title would get a few more hits...

Message: We need YOU!!! We have a huge game this week that could set the tone for next season. We all knew next year was the year that we have a chance to do something special and that hasn't changed. With many of the guys coming back and the rest of the ACC graduating key players, we will have that year next year.

We have all been on the roller coaster this season but the players need the fan base to show up this week and be heard. There is one thing I can tell you for sure and that is this staff and players have worked their tails off to try and figure out a way to get it done each week. It hasn't always worked out but I do feel that if everyone keeps a positive vibe for the last two games and heading into the off season then we have a shot to do something next year.

The last two games have been brutal but we have to put them behind us and move forward and build towards next season.

I remember a 5-6 Vandy team coming in here last year that did exactly that. They ended up 6-7 last year but they had something to build on and carried it into this season. And BTW we owe them a little something from last year....

Hope to see you all out there this week!!!

Go Deacs!!!!

Last edited:
Well actually "Camp's" dad but I figured this title would get a few more hits...

Message: We need YOU!!! We have a huge game this week that could set the tone for next season. We all knew next year was the year that we have a chance to do something special and that hasn't changed. With many of the guys coming back and the rest of the ACC graduating key players, we will have that year next year.

We have all been on the roller coaster this season but the players need the fan base to show up this week and be heard. There is one thing I can tell you for sure and that is this staff and players have worked their tails off to try and figure out a way to get it done each week. It hasn't always worked out but I do feel that if everyone keeps a positive vibe for the last two games and heading into the off season then we have a shot to do something next year.

The last two games have been brutal but we have to put them behind us and move forward and build towards next season.

I remember a 5-6 Vandy team coming in here last year that did exactly that. They ended up 6-7 last year but they had something to build on and carried it into this season. And BTW we owe them a little something from last year....

Hope to see you all out there this week!!!

Go Deacs!!!!

Agree with what he's saying and I'll be there, but regardless if the attendance looks like a Mt. Tabor/W. Forsyth match-up, the team needs to be playing with "hair on fire" for a number of reasons, chief among them last home (last game?) for teh seniors, bowl eligibility, possible winning season, make up for embarassments of last 2 weeks and Vandy last year. If they sleep walk thru this one, it's time to question both the direction of this team and its coaches. Vandy is better than us (this year) and i expect them to win, so I'll be satisfied with a great effort and a win will be a bonus.

I think Camp needs to send this email to his head coach. Grobe needs to find a way to light a fire under these guys and play like it.

We all knew next year was the year that we have a chance to do something special and that hasn't changed. With many of the guys coming back and the rest of the ACC graduating key players, we will have that year next year.

No offense, but we hear this every year.

IMABHERE should be in WFU Sports Marketing with those write-ups. Hopefully our players and fans get up for this game; I'll be there.

Keep showing the players this highlight

We may well lose Saturday, but I feel 100 percent confident our guys will motivated and ready to give it their best.

I will be there Saturday and hope we can pull it together and get a win. I won't say I am confident because I am not. But I certainly won't be disapointed if we're able to get a win and go to a Bowl game. GO DEACS!

I'll be there at kickoff, but how long I stay will be dependent on the effort the coaching staff and player's display. And if Grobe elects to punt on a 4th and inches on Vandy's 39, my ass will be headed out to the parking lot.

We are currently -103 in point differential this year (outscored 275-172 so far)

If we manage to win by a field goal or less, we can be 6-6 with a negative triple digit point differential.

That would be amazing.

We may well lose Saturday, but I feel 100 percent confident our guys will motivated and ready to give it their best.

Where was this the last two weeks?

We are currently -103 in point differential this year (outscored 275-172 so far)

If we manage to win by a field goal or less, we can be 6-6 with a negative triple digit point differential.

That would be amazing.

That's pretty interesting. I am not an eternal optimist, but i would point out that our differential against top ten teams is -119 and we are obviously 0-3. 5-3 +16 against the rest of the field.

That's pretty interesting. I am not an eternal optimist, but i would point out that our differential against top ten teams is -119 and we are obviously 0-3. 5-3 +16 against the rest of the field.

One would expect that type of point differential to have evened itself out due to our games against Liberty and Army, but it hasn't. Our largest margin of victory this year is 14 points against BC.

In. . .bringing 11 folks with me. Go Deacs!

So, wait, if the team cares now, then why didn't they care before?

Back