• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Message from Wellman re: football and basketball (nothing urgent)

BeachBumDeac

Cheap Date
Reaction score
http://www.deaconclub.com/news.cfm?entry=50Message from Ron Wellman
1/8/2013

A Message from Ron Wellman

Every January (and even prior to January), our fans begin asking about the football schedule for next year. Normally the schedule is completed by the ACC in late January or early February. This year the schedule may be delayed a bit due to the unusual circumstances that have impacted the process. For instance, there are a few schools, including us, who do not have our fourth non-conference game finalized yet. We believe we are close to an agreement with a team, but we do not have a contract yet, and it is difficult to assume that we have a deal until we have a signed contract. It is difficult for the ACC to move forward with a conference schedule until all of the non-conference games are scheduled by all schools. Therefore, the football schedule may be delayed a bit this year...but we are hopeful that all of these matters will be resolved soon and the conference will be able to move forward with the overall schedule.

Our non-conference schedule next year: Presbyterian at home (opener); @ Army; @ Vanderbilt. Our fourth non-conference game will be a home game which will give us six home games (four ACC games and two non-conference games).

On the basketball front, there are reasons to be encouraged about both the men and women's program. Both teams continue to improve. That improvement is the result of their hard work and determination. Both teams practice with intensity and that results in enhanced game-day performance.

The freshmen on the men's team are evolving into a solid core, and with the leadership of CJ and Travis, improvement is evident practically every game. Playing six, and sometimes seven, freshmen is certainly a challenge in getting consistent performances, but they are maturing and getting better each day...and they have tremendous attitudes and determination.

The women's team has responded well to their new coach, Jen Hoover. It is not easy for a veteran team to adjust to a new coach and the new style that a new coach brings, but this group of players has made the transition well which is evident by the way they are playing.

Come out and enjoy and support your Deacs! We want The Joel to return to being one of the toughest sites for a visiting team to win...and we need YOU to help create that environment. I look forward to seeing you at the games.

Go Deacs!

Ron Wellman

I stopped reading after I got past the useful information regarding the football schedule and he started getting in the Bzzz blowjob.

Any idea who the other football opponent will be? Old Dominion? Louisville?

http://www.deaconclub.com/news.cfm?entry=50Message from Ron Wellman
1/8/2013

Come out and enjoy and support your Deacs! We want The Joel to return to being one of the toughest sites for a visiting team to win...and we need YOU to help create that environment. I look forward to seeing you at the games.

Interesting choice of words. I guess that Ron already assumes that the visiting team is gonna win, let's just make it a little tougher for them to do so.

No Ron, we need YOU to help create that environment.

A paragraph by paragraph summary:

Our schedule is delayed because we're looking for a home game against an FBS team we can beat.

Our non-con schedule sucks.

Our basketball teams work hard and especially practice hard.

Our experienced men's basketball coach is struggling with our new players.

Our experienced women's basketball players are struggle with our new coach.

Please come to games. Please.

I stopped reading after I got past the useful information regarding the football schedule and he started getting in the Bzzz blowjob.

He threw in a little diddle for the new women's basketball coach.

Probably reading too much into it, but when I got the email I found it interesting that he didn't mention [Redacted] by name...

It would only be news if he said "we suck don't bother coming"

"Both teams practice with intensity and that results in enhanced game-day performance."

Seriously!? I can't believe this is an actual sentence in an email sent to the Deacon Club. I guess we have heard it before, but he expects us to excited because of how our teams practice. Wake athletics is truly bizzarro world these days. What do you reckon an enhanced game day peformance looks like?

I don't hate a lot of people.... But I hate this mother f'r so bad. Ron, I will always cherish the moment we had in the Gboro coliseum. When our eyes made contact it was like magic. Then you realized I had on a #BuzzOut shirt and tried to have me kicked out. Fuck you buddy.

I do wonder if we'll end up with a second FCS opponent if all the FBS options insist on a home-home.

I was in Greensboro during the Christmas holiday and didn't even bother to go to see the UNCG game. I would usually hurt people to get to a game if possible but I could just care less about going. I do not want to look at the bench and see Bzzz over there. I'd love to go to the game at Xavier next year (if it happens) but if Bzzz is the coach I doubt I'll bother then either.

Ron, you want to put butts in seats in the Joel? Remove the imbecile from the seat at the front of the Deacon bench.

Back