• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Miami's Ranking at Season's End

Miami's Ranking at Season's End

• 1-5

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • 5-10

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • 10-15

Votes: 40 40.8%
  • 15-20

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • 20-25

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • unranked

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We beat the number 2 team. Undefeated in ACC play - until today. Only team in the ACC ever to beat Duke and Carolina in the same season by 25 or more points. All seniors and Larkin. Impressive win.

There's not a whole lot of season left. Probably 5-8 range. It was an extremely impressive win.

Sure wish we could play on the road- we've essentially forfeited all of our road games and by virtue any post season possibility.

Night and day home and away team and frustrating to figure out- obviously Bzz and the coaching staff never did.

Kind of reminds me of our '08-'09 team. Got blasted at Miami that year if memory serves. I'd guess they end up around 8 to 12 by season's end.

They have an easy closing schedule outside of Duke at home, but they haven't really ever been in this situation. Wouldn't surprise me if they lost 2 reg season games.

They had an even easier schedule 24 hours ago. If they can lose to us, they could lose to anybody.

Heard on the broadcast that Bz attributes our road woes to defensive intensity. One road win in 3 years with over 20 different players and it is defensive intensity?

They had an even easier schedule 24 hours ago. If they can lose to us, they could lose to anybody.

Heard on the broadcast that Bz attributes our road woes to defensive intensity. One road win in 3 years with over 20 different players and it is defensive intensity?

But since we beat Miami, everyone says that bzzz is the man.... He can't do any wrong.....it's the players fault, not his.

I already heard of one tournament projection having Miami drop as far as a 4th seed after that "bad loss" to Wake Forest.

Giant slayers.

I already heard of one tournament projection having Miami drop as far as a 4th seed after that "bad loss" to Wake Forest.

Giant slayers.

That's going to be awkward for Ron in the committee meeting.

If the Over/under on Miami tourney wins is 2.5, I'm taking the under. I'd consider the under at 1.5 after seeing the brackets.
Can't point to a specific weakness, but teams that play their worst ball in late Feb don't progress too far. I think you're looking at a prime 2/7 upset candidate.

Top 10. They have all the parts. Older experienced players. Flashy young all-conference guard and older wiser coach who has been there. They needed this loss just to get their minds right again.

Wake Forest has a storied tradition of being able to beat eventual national champions but not being able to get to the sweet 16.

Back