• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mich, Wis, Minn, & Dakotas

DeacWatcher

Ricky Peral
Reaction score
I have some relatives that I have not seen in Kalamazzo, MI since the early 90's. I am going up that way this summer and want to start planning as there is stuff in the title that I'd like to see. For one, the Bells brewery is on the list as my relatives live in the town and I plan to go to Dearborn as I am a huge Ford man.

Also like to spend a few days in Minneapolis/St Paul. I hear Madison rocks, what about the Dakotas?

Any ideas are welcome!

Traverse City, MI is an awesome place to visit

For the last ~5 yrs, I have frequented Minneapolis for work. Love that place. To me, it's the biggest city that most of America has never been to. Much more diverse than I expected, particularly downtown. In the summer, the downtown sidewalk cafe/bar culture is teeming with life...especially before a Twins game. It's a limited outdoor beer-drinking season, so they know how to take advantage of it.

Check out Surly Brewing Co.

sleeping bear dunes in Michigan are awesome.. ann arbor is a great place to go for food.. zingermans deli is the shit

the only thing worth a damn in either of the dakotas are the black hills

the only thing worth a damn in either of the dakotas are the black hills

I've been to Fargo (and north along I-29) and yeah it's kind of a sad and depressing place

Maybe time it so you can go up to Winnipeg and check out the women's World Cup games if that interests you

I assume you're already thinking of this, but you should drive up the Lake Michigan coast in Michigan, through the UP, and over into Minnesota that way. Hell of a long drive but it's the scenic route to and through all the places you want to go. Years ago before we had kids my wife and I spent a lot of time in western Michigan and always enjoyed it. The UP is supposed to be nice in the summer.

the UP is great during the summer, besides the big ass mosquito's its beautiful, if you head up that way go to Mackinac Island

Back