• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Michael Campanero put on IR by Ravens

WakeUp

Reaction score
Camp apparently has a serious calf strain and looks like he is out for the year.
I firmly believe he could have helped the Ravens, but he has not been able to stay healthy.
Hope this does not signal the end of promising, but disappointing NFL career.
Camp was one of my favorite Deacs ever; if he had played beside better talent he could have been even better. His hands and ability to get open were as good as anyone who has ever played for us.
Regardless, thanks for the memories, Camp.

Not surprised. Staying healthy was always the concern.

I don't think his career is over or anything. But you really shouldn't use him as a KO returner. Just as a punt returner and a part-time WR. The Ravens didn't want to damage a RB or other WR as a KO returner, so they went out and got Hester, who will return both and that's about all he'll do. And I don't think Camp is seriously hurt, so is he eligible to go play for someone else when he's ready?

He also has five other guys ahead of him. Not Chris Givens though.

Three years in the NFL; Campanero has missed parts of each season due to injuries (2014: hammy; 2015: herniated disc; 2016: calf).

BTW, Camp also missed much of his senior year with a collar bone. Health always a concern.

Givens was released by the Eagles last week. Injuries are so prevalent in the NFL that there is a strong chance Givens will be back in the league soon.

Three years in the NFL; Campanero has missed parts of each season due to injuries (2014: hammy; 2015: herniated disc; 2016: calf).

BTW, Camp also missed much of his senior year with a collar bone. Health always a concern.

Givens was released by the Eagles last week. Injuries are so prevalent in the NFL that there is a strong chance Givens will be back in the league soon.

I think most of his injuries are a couple week injuries. I don't think the injury would prevent him from playing in week 6. However, because he is a borderline player, it's not worth him being inactive. The only options for Ravens would be release with injury settlement or IR. I think they like him, so they don't want to release him outright.

Is it good news that it's not the same injury that keeps recurring? Or is it bad news that he keeps getting injured in new ways?

As I understand it, when a player goes on IR he cannot play again during the regular season. The benefit for the team is that another player can be signed to take the injured player's roster spot without having to cut someone else. The team does retain rights to the injured player, however. This is likely why Romo is not on IR for the 'boys. Incidentally, the IR rule for the NBA and other pro leagues differs from the NFL rule.

As I understand it, when a player goes on IR he cannot play again during the regular season. The benefit for the team is that another player can be signed to take the injured player's roster spot without having to cut someone else. The team does retain rights to the injured player, however. This is likely why Romo is not on IR for the 'boys. Incidentally, the IR rule for the NBA and other pro leagues differs from the NFL rule.

All players must be on IR at least 8 weeks. You can bring one player (only one) back from IR during the regular season. Once a team brings a player off of IR, all of the rest of the players on that team's IR must remain on IR during the season. The linky: http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/200715/nfl-passes-bills-proposed-change-to-injured-reserve-rules

Last edited:
Pretty sure he's out for the year if the Ravens keep him. If they cut him, somebody else can pick him up and activate him or put him on a practice squad.

Yeah, he's not an IR-DTR guy. Right now, Carl Davis (a DT) is likely to be the DTR guy.

Sucks for Camp, but I'm sure they've chatted with him about this. At least this way he gets paid.

Back