• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Middle East: Saudis Murder & Dismember Washington Post Contributor

Israeli military says no shots "deliberately or directly aimed" at Palestinian paramedic who was killed

Fares al-Kidra, a colleague of Najjar, said they were approaching the perimeter fence to evacuate a wounded man and, as they were leaving, three gunshots were heard and Najjar fell to the ground. Al-Mezan, a Gaza-based rights group, said Najjar was 100 meters from the fence and wearing a clearly marked paramedic's vest when she was shot.

Social media videos and Associated Press footage showed Najjar and a cohort of medics walking toward the fence and raising their hands to reach a wounded man lying on the ground. Najjar wore a dark blue headscarf and a white coat with the logo of the Palestinian Medical Relief Society, where she volunteered.

Izzat Shatat, 23, a volunteering ambulance worker, said he and Najjar were set to announce their engagement at the end of the holy month of Ramadan. He said he was worried and asked her not to go to the border area Friday but she refused.

"She helped all people. She has never refused to help. She was the first to run toward anybody when he is shot," he said in tears.

The NY Times posted video from an interview they had done with the medic a month ago:

Last edited:
Not sure where to put this but this seemed like the most topical thread.

I have a friend whose family is Syrian and still has relatives there. She told me yesterday that the fighting in Syria has stopped. However, Syria is now under Russian occupation and schools are teaching Russian as a second language.

It appears Trump may have handed Syria over to Putin.

Not sure where to put this but this seemed like the most topical thread.

I have a friend whose family is Syrian and still has relatives there. She told me yesterday that the fighting in Syria has stopped. However, Syria is now under Russian occupation and schools are teaching Russian as a second language.

It appears Trump may have handed Syria over to Putin.

The war is winding down, but it's far from over. And yes, Russia backed Assad and he remains in power - so Russia will continue to have a very large influence in Syria going forward, as they have had for several generations.

US says Saudi, UAE working to cut risks to Yemen civilians

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has "certified" that Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates are working to reduce risks to civilian life in Yemen -- a key step to ensuring continued US support to the coalition.

Pompeo's assessment, announced Wednesday, came even as he admitted that the US believes civilian death rates at the hands of the coalition are "far too high."

Under new rules, Congress requires the certification to continue allowing US air tankers to refuel Saudi and UAE warplanes.

The measure comes amid a string of high-profile coalition strikes that have killed scores of civilians, many of them children.

They bombed a school bus full of children a month ago.

The Iran “Deal” was a discredit unto itself.

Pallets full of cash - as bribe - as payoff for hostages and for Iran to continue its role as a proxy for state terrorism.

John Kerry crying and having to leave the room so he could beg the Ayatollah to have the minister “speak more kindly to me”

Hey John,why the long face? :)

The Iran Deal WORKED!! Only morons think otherwise.

Let's see- Obama - Iran's nuclear program killed for 15+ years vs. Trump's NK- more nuclear tests than the past thirty years combined; build deliverable nukes and continues to build nuclear warheads.

Hmmm, which is better?

RE: Middle East - - Trump just closed our office in Palestine. Trump just killed all aid to Palestine.

That'll show the Palestinians we are trying to be fair.

Fucking Liar
The Iran “Deal” was a discredit unto itself.

Pallets full of cash - as bribe - as payoff for hostages and for Iran to continue its role as a proxy for state terrorism.

John Kerry crying and having to leave the room so he could beg the Ayatollah to have the minister “speak more kindly to me”

Hey John,why the long face? :)
51950dae3b6890c6d1f911c9c58d06a9.jpg

Back