• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mike Brey

Coaches Vs. Cancer weekend

This thread is clown shoes.

dkchan-tek-250-8-060112.jpeg

My two favorite C vs. C memories are Coach K curling up into the fetal position when he passed out during a timeout, and talking to Skip after a game @ Cincy where Huggins participated and he did not. I think it was Wake06 making jokes about Huggins, and Skip explaining what it was for. He felt like a real jackass.

My two favorite C vs. C memories are Coach K curling up into the fetal position when he passed out during a timeout, and talking to Skip after a game @ Cincy where Huggins participated and he did not. I think it was Wake06 making jokes about Huggins, and Skip explaining what it was for. He felt like a real jackass.

I LOLed thinking about the Coach K one.

Mike Brey, who is a really good coach, had some really positive words about the Deacs in his post-game. Looks like the boys are growing up.

Opening statement...

"You got to take your hat off to Wake Forest. They made really big shots at key times in the last couple of minutes. I love our group, again we put ourselves in position. We weren't playing that great offensively but we still found a way to be in position to maybe steal a road win. I thought Wake made big time shots. There were clutch offensive positions that took away any hope for us."

On Devin Thomas...
"Yeah he's a really good player because he has got that wide body and it's hard to get around him and then he spins off you. He is really crafty. He is just a heck of a young player in this league. I am so impressed with their sophomores. Their sophomores are really good. I think you can see them getting better and more confident with every day."

On what made it difficult offensively for Notre Dame...
"I give credit to their defense. We had some great looks early in the game. You got to make a couple of those to feel good on the road. We could never make enough three point shots to feel like you are in a pretty good groove. That's a weapon of our offense. That's a staple, we need to make some threes. I didn't think any of them were going in tonight, for some reason. We made two and when the two went in and I was shocked I just didn't think any of them were going in. Wake did a good job defending us. They got some size, length and quickness to take away angles. Sherman gave us a hope there. We were going to him a bunch, but we couldn't get much else scoring-wise."

On their zone defense...
"We play a lot of zone. It helped us, it really helped us. We kind of go back and forth. We play a little more zone on the road than we do at home. It was good to us tonight. It changed the rhythm and probably helped us get back into things. Then we felt we had to finish playing man to man because we had gotten a couple of stops in man to man but we couldn't get two key ones. If you don't get a stop at those times you are not going to win. You got to get those."

Last edited:
Brey really mismanaged his timeouts today - could have been the difference down the stretch.

Agreed. I wasn't keeping up with it but, when it was under a minute and he wasn't calling timeout after a ND score, I realized he was out. Def could have made a difference.

Brey really mismanaged his timeouts today - could have been the difference down the stretch.

Agreed. I wasn't keeping up with it but, when it was under a minute and he wasn't calling timeout after a ND score, I realized he was out. Def could have made a difference.

Yeah, the last one he took when Wake trapped in the corner was particularly wasteful.

All my wife had to say was he looks like a mafia man

Back