• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mike Flynn Resigns

And while I can't even fathom how someone would believe there's likely nothing nefarious here, I appreciate your candor.

FWIW, I think Flynn should go to whatever committee handles such things and testify in a classified session about what he told the administration, what he told the ambassador, what the transcripts say, and what exactly he supposedly withheld from Trump/Pence, if anything. There will no doubt be partisan calls for Trump and Pence to come before the committee afterwards, but that's a pipe dream. Go ahead and let some idiot like Elijah Cummings be the sounding board for a broader and public hearing.

I do not think the concerns about leaks are misplaced or a simple distraction. There are clearly things happening behind the scenes as the old guard resists the new. This link is the Daily Caller, but it brings up valid points. http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/14/e...-crossed-no-lines-leakers-must-be-prosecuted/

I really have no love or loyalty for this administration. I wish he'd act more like a President instead of a petulant child (I complained that Obama acted like a petulant child, but Trump sets new standards for it). I am enjoying watching him shit on the establishment, but he isn't being smart about it. He isn't just stepping on toes, but smashing them with steamrollers, and people are going to protect their interests. I would like to see immigration reform that reverses the previous 8 years and really the last 24. I would like to see term limits in place. I think most of the complaints we are seeing now are hot air and it's hard to distinguish between what's legit and what isn't. The doesn't mean that The Donald isn't a dufus or an asshole much of the time or that he is immune to criticism. I mean, I didn't vote for him because of the fact that he's a dufus and an asshole.

I confess that I was raised a military brat, so I tend to give more deference to a guy like Flynn than I do some politician. He was a no-nonsense guy in the service, and that kind of thing doesn't always play well in DC.

The issue is that Donald has repeatedly shown to be soft on Russia and people (myself included) believe he's being played like a puppet by Putin and has no idea. I think Flynn talking to the ambassador was ordered by the administration as a way to undermine the sitting president's sanctions and say "don't worry buddy we'll be in there soon so don't you guys get too worked up!" Instead of coming clean about it, which you would expect someone who didn't think what they did was wrong to do, they sat on the information that Flynn had discussed sanctions with Russia and chose to lie repeatedly over the past few weeks about their knowledge of the issue. This while the media said "we have independent corroboration" sparking Spicer and KAC to call these reports "fake news" and that they were made up to get digs in at Donald. Then this morning KAC goes on GMA and makes a compete idiot of herself by throwing out an entirely implausible story given the timeline in question and Spicer comes out today and splits the narrowest of hairs about "oh well Donald was talking about he didn't know specifics from the WaPo story on Friday, but he was well aware of the Flynn issues day in and day out."

I really don't see how an American interested in our security isn't concerned about Donald's relationship with Putin/Russia. I truly don't. Can someone explain that to me?

Seriously. If that was all it took to get you guys up in arms, Obama would never have had a day of peace. This is a giant yawn.

The Trump presidency has been and will continue to be a fantastic way to determine which of our posters on the right have any balls left at all.

At this point, its NED, DeacMan and Wrangor who still have nuts, jh hanging around with the scissors handy, and literally every other right-leaning poster having joyfully placed their testicles into the President's gold-plated handbag.

Good job, good effort.

So conservative posters that abandon their guy make you happy. Big shock there. You thinking about a journalism career?

The House could really be in play in 2018 as all these spineless Pubs are scared to death of an idiot named Trump and the constituents that voted him in. They still believe lying and not getting caught are the same thing and there's nothing wrong with it.

For all Mr. Chaffetz tough talk, he is proving to be a Yuge pussy.

Betting the house and senate majorities grow.

FWIW, I think Flynn should go to whatever committee handles such things and testify in a classified session about what he told the administration, what he told the ambassador, what the transcripts say, and what exactly he supposedly withheld from Trump/Pence, if anything. There will no doubt be partisan calls for Trump and Pence to come before the committee afterwards, but that's a pipe dream. Go ahead and let some idiot like Elijah Cummings be the sounding board for a broader and public hearing.

I do not think the concerns about leaks are misplaced or a simple distraction. There are clearly things happening behind the scenes as the old guard resists the new. This link is the Daily Caller, but it brings up valid points. http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/14/e...-crossed-no-lines-leakers-must-be-prosecuted/

I really have no love or loyalty for this administration. I wish he'd act more like a President instead of a petulant child (I complained that Obama acted like a petulant child, but Trump sets new standards for it). I am enjoying watching him shit on the establishment, but he isn't being smart about it. He isn't just stepping on toes, but smashing them with steamrollers, and people are going to protect their interests. I would like to see immigration reform that reverses the previous 8 years and really the last 24. I would like to see term limits in place. I think most of the complaints we are seeing now are hot air and it's hard to distinguish between what's legit and what isn't. The doesn't mean that The Donald isn't a dufus or an asshole much of the time or that he is immune to criticism. I mean, I didn't vote for him because of the fact that he's a dufus and an asshole.

I confess that I was raised a military brat, so I tend to give more deference to a guy like Flynn than I do some politician. He was a no-nonsense guy in the service, and that kind of thing doesn't always play well in DC.

Why in a "classified session"? I didn't think he was accused of giving classified info to the Russian ambassador.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/14/polit...ney-for-wall/0837PMVODtopLink&linkId=34503567

Trump has really killed himself with the massive fuckups of the first three weeks. He's become so toxic that it's now politically advantageous for Republicans to stand up to him on certain things. And if he's lost Congressional Republicans, he's going to be pretty limited in what he can do

Not everyone is running around in circles screaming that the sky is falling. Some people still keep their cool.

So conservative posters that abandon their guy make you happy. Big shock there. You thinking about a journalism career?

Conservatives who support a conservative make me happy. Conservatives who support an authoritarian populist who is no more a conservative than RJ are huge hypocrites with no morals.

I'm almost to the point where Putin could come out and say "we rigged your election and Donald asked us to, it was great" and plenty of people on the right would say "well I don't see anything wrong with that because it just means Donald had America's best interest in his heart to prevent Clinton from being elected. I appreciate Putin's transparency and damn is he a strong leader. That's what we really needed!"

Bump.

This would definitely happen. This is an embarrassing performance from our friends on the right today.

Senate, maybe. House? Name your price.

I think you're underestimating how many GOP House members are sitting there purely because they uttered the words "NOBama". It was an idiotic tidal wave that allowed for the clusterfuck of immature and unqualified dolts we currently have "representing" the Republican party. If you don't believe me, just look at who is now the leader of that party. It was simply: "Change, no matter the cost."

I'm hoping the Republicans can band together and primary some of these no policy, campaign champions, but considering who they just elected president, I'm not very confident. And if the Democrats aren't careful, then Trump is going to drive them to put similar people in their seats just by saying "NeverTrump!"; and then we really will be screwed.

Last edited:
I think you're underestimating how many GOP House members are sitting there purely because they uttered the words "NOBama". It was an idiotic tidal wave that allowed for the clusterfuck of immature and unqualified dolts we currently have "representing" the Republican party. If you don't believe me, just look at who is now the leader of that party. It was simply: "Change, no matter the cost."

I'm hoping the Republicans can band together and primary some of these no policy, campaign champions, but considering who they just elected president, I'm not very confident. And if the Democrats aren't careful, then Trump is going to drive them to put similar people in their seats just by saying "NeverTrump!"; and then we really will be screwed.

They may be sitting there, but I don't see their margins increasing....

They may be sitting there, but I don't see their margins increasing....

Yeah, I guess I wouldn't bet against that. Still, there is apparently a very high demand for snake oil out there. I'm going to wait and see how long people buy the spin master's lies before I put renewed faith back into the electorate.

FBI believes Flynn wasn't forthright in their interview with him. Why would he risk a felony charge over a very non big deal conversation with a Russian ambassador? :confused:

Trump's base is built on being adversarial. Any "attacks" on Trump only galvanize his support.

Back