• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mike Tyson: The Unfiltered Truth

PhillyDeac

Reaction score
Did anyone see this? It's on HBO (on demand). I'm pretty convinced Spike Lee could direct just about anyone's life and make it interesting.

I thought it would be the most lame thing ever - Mike Tyson, in a one man show... but it was actually interesting. I still had some questions, but seriously, thank God for boxing. With where he was born, and who raised him, he would have been murdering people by the time he was a teenager if he didn't find boxing...

Anyone else see it?

he still raped how many woman? he's a POS with or w/o boxing.

He was convicted of raping a woman....it's discussed in the show. Not saying he's a good guy, just saying it was an interesting documentary

FYI... he calls himself crazy, insane, out of control, etc etc etc... It's not like a documentary where he stands around and says "Oh, I've been misunderstood".... he's very clear about the fact that he was a REALLY bad person throughout a large part of his life.

when we finally lose milhouse to #theolds I hope townie takes his place. Almost 2 poes in 1 day, so much better when succinct!

I'm a guy, and I accept that if I was going to hang around "The Baddest Man on the Planet," there is a high likely-hood that he is going to rape me. Let alone if I was Miss Black America. I mean, honestly, who cock teases Mike Tyson??? Does he strike anyone as the little spoon/gentle lover type?

Last edited:
Was it more than one woman? I only remember hearing about the one case, and I personally think he got thrown out there so the public would not get more in an uproar after another high profile case of date rape went sided with the male. One of the Kennedy’s got off (pun intended) about two weeks earlier and the country was up on the soapbox how celebrities get double standard.

I 100% agree that “ no means no” but if you dig up all the facts you have to ask yourself did this woman change her mind and story. Let’s just say she left the bed to go to the bathroom and removed a product that ladies need about one week a month so she could have more fun in the bed. Don’t want to start the whole date rape debate, but this lady knew what she was getting into.

He was convicted of raping a woman....it's discussed in the show. Not saying he's a good guy, just saying it was an interesting documentary

edit to add: I think I have posted this story before, but the Sunday morning after it was announced on Friday that Iron Mike would go up on rape charges, Mike Tyson, Don King, and about 30 others took our reservation at Sylvia’ ( Soul Food restaurant in Harlem). My group decided to not make a scene or cause a fight over the table.

Last edited:
blame the victim. classic. a few tidbits on this piece of shit:

Tyson says he would 'really' rape victim now
January 7, 2006

Associated Press
Mike Tyson hasn't lost his penchant for saying the outrageous.

In a television interview scheduled for broadcast Thursday, Tyson again denied he raped Desiree Washington in 1991 in an Indianapolis hotel room. But he said the burden of being labeled a convicted rapist makes him want to do it now.

"I just hate her guts. She put me in that state, where I don't know," Tyson said. "I really wish I did now. But now I really do want to rape her."

Tyson made the comments during a recent interview in Miami Beach with Greta Van Susteren, who was taking a look back at the circumstances of Tyson's 1992 trial that ended with him convicted of rape and sentenced to six years in prison.

He served three years of the sentence before being released on parole.

A call for comment to Tyson's adviser, Shelly Finkel, was not immediately returned.

The interview will be shown Thursday night on "The Pulse" on the Fox network.

an interview with his ex-wife he abused:

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Benz/DHBenz031109.htm

and this gets to the heart of it (emphasis mine):

“As much as we’re talking about Ray Rice or you look at me and you think [about] my ex-husband, I’ve spent the last 20 years talking to a lot of women that aren’t in my business,” the Boomerang actress told “Entertainment Tonight.”
“It’s not a Black issue; it’s not a White issue. It’s not a socio-economic issue. It really, really touches women on a very large scale,” she said.
Robin revealed to the world, during an interview with Barbara Walters, that her husband had struck her. He wasn’t reprimanded when she shared that information with the world, and she doubts things will change until men are as appalled by domestic violence as women are.
“You get accustomed to being treated poorly,” Robin told Barbara back then.
Robin said the NFL’s suspension of Ray is a start and sends a clear message to men that such behavior is unacceptable.
“When men say this is unacceptable…that’s when it’s really, really going to grab a hold of the conversation. The fact that we have football saying we can’t do this, takes us to another level in this conversation,” said Robin who assured women that they never deserve being abused by those who should be protecting them.
“This is never, ever, ever acceptable. There’s nothing you can say, no skirt that you wore that was too short. You didn’t get in his face. Hitting is never, ever, ever acceptable. This is a human rights issue. This cannot happen,” she said.

but keep making jokes about rape and blaming victims.

That's kinda the reason I said in the beginning this documentary was 'interesting'. Things I didn't know.... His father was a pimp, his mother was a woman who his father turned to the streeets. He PIMPED his wife (tyson's mother). Later she died of a drug overdose. He was arrested over 30 times before being a teenager. The reason I said it was interesting, is simply because this dude never had a chance at ending up normal. That's all.

Oh, and another interesting point about Desiree....she filed a rape charge against another guy that was thrown out a month earlier. I'm not blaming the victim, I just find it interesting that a female judge known for absolutely giving no mercy, gave him only 3 years when the minimum sentence was 10 (based on all the charges being brought up against him). Those involved in the case said there was no evidence that he raped her... his word vs. her was all there was. I don't remember the case that well, so I can't comment.

With all his arrest prior to being a teenager is why I said he would have committed murder in due time. He was 14 years old when he got into competitive boxing.... knocking out grown men. As bad as he has been as a person....believe it or not, I do think it could have been even worse.

Back