• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Millennials are Political Dumbasses

"Millennial politics is simple, really. Young people support big government, unless it costs any more money. They're for smaller government, unless budget cuts scratch a program they've heard of. They'd like Washington to fix everything, just so long as it doesn't run anything."

That describes a lot more than just millennials.

To be fair, I imagine that similar cluelessness would be found in most generations at a young age, though the basis for that cluelessness would likely differ.

http://m.theatlantic.com/politics/a...omics-voting-clueless-kids-these-days/374427/

Whoever wrote that article is a dumbass. Most of the examples he mentioned are actually logically consistent. Even if they weren't, all those numbers suggest is that 10-20% of millennial's views don't make sense, while the other 80% just disagree with each other.

I'm just here to see the Millennials tell us how smart they are.

I know an article from The Atlantic is worthless if 923 chose to post a different article from The Atlantic instead.

At least we know how to post the desktop version of articles.

Anyone else note the irony of 2&2 posting a thread about other people being political dumbasses?

I know an article from The Atlantic is worthless if 923 chose to post a different article from The Atlantic instead.

i did read that one but didn't know what to make of it, exactly. Thompson is a good writer. I think some of what the pollsters are seeing here is the millennials' general disillusionment with the entire existing system and a desire to make some radical changes, but given their youth they naturally have not figured out exactly how to go about doing that, so it comes out pretty incoherent.

Back