• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Milwaukee / Madison Recommendations

Dillon Fence

Reaction score
Headed up for a Badgers / Packers doubleheader weekend. Need a blue collar, meat-eaters type of recommendation for Milwaukee. Any brewerys that are must hits?

Game day in Madison...better to do a traditional tailgate or bar hop pre-game?

Any other suggestions? Group of six guys...heavy drinkers and eaters.

That sounds awesome. No real recommendations because my memory isn't great but I've been to Milwaukee prior to a trip to Lambeau. Here is what I liked...

I had a brat at 10:30AM and a beer at 11. It was glorious. It was from some market. Can't remember.
Lake Front Brewery is awesome. Tour is funny and eyeopening, especially if you've seen other big box tours. It is a laid back type of place. Not super commercial like MillerCoors. And the best part is they have good beer and lots of it.

In Madison, bar hop down state street starting at the capital. Make sure you hit state street brats. Then walk, or cab to regent street and hit the bars/ tailgates all the way to the stadium. Start early. It'll be awesome.

Also, I think you're basically a tea bagger based on my memory of your politics, so try not to get in fights with any of the many hippies, environmentalists and other libs you're likely to encounter.

Last edited:
Lake Front Brewery is awesome. Tour is funny and eyeopening, especially if you've seen other big box tours. It is a laid back type of place. Not super commercial like MillerCoors. And the best part is they have good beer and lots of it.

YES. That tour is great. I got there early and one of the owners and I were the only people there, so we drank beers and shot the shit for 30 minutes before people started showing up for the tour. Then a couple old dudes gave me their beer tickets (you get at least 3 free beers for taking the tour) so I was well lit by the end of that tour. It was a great afternoon. The Miller tour is interesting too, just to see the logistics of something that huge, but Lake Front is the way to go if you only have time for one.

Headed up for a Badgers / Packers doubleheader weekend. Need a blue collar, meat-eaters type of recommendation for Milwaukee. Any brewerys that are must hits?

Game day in Madison...better to do a traditional tailgate or bar hop pre-game?

Any other suggestions? Group of six guys...heavy drinkers and eaters.

Do any of you golf? Head over to Erin Hills (public course...just hosted US Am, and hosts a US Open later this decade) and play it while it's still affordable.

Also check out the Safe House bar in Milwaukee if you have time. It's a pretty cool spy themed bar that's been featured a lot on the travel channel. It has a naked burt reynolds picture in the ladies room with a flap covering his junk, and anytime a lady lifts the flap to get a look at the goods a light/buzzer goes off in the main bar. There's another hidden bar section back through the telephone booth I think.

Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking about wearing a "unions" t-shirt with a red X on Gameday. Lakefront Brewery sounds good but one guy wants to hit the Pabst brewery tour instead so we are up in the air. Unfortunately no time for golf on this trip. Badger game time is 7:00PM vs Nebraska so the bar scene in Madison should be nuts. We were torn about doing a regular tailgate but I think we'll save that for the Packers game.

one more question...we will have tons of brats and cheese on Sat & Sun...any good blue collar grub in Milwaukee? Was considering Martino's for Italian Beef.

And Safe House sounds like it's worth a beer or two.

In Madison...you need to hit the Great Dane (it's a big a$$ doggie as well as the name of the county that Madison is in) Brewery and you should hit up the blue moon bar prior to game time. The blue moon is fairly close to Camp Randall...get you some good beer and squeaky cheese curds they are awesome there! Enjoy the trip, those are awesome towns. I alway enjoy my visits to my brother's house who lives in Madison. Oh yea GO BREWERS...I gotta GO!

Back