• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Misheard Lyrics

ConnorEl

Reaction score
Stumbled upon this little collection...some I was aware of, others not. Some are pretty funny...

For years my brother thought it was:

"I don't wanna work, I just want to bang and get drunk all day"

" West Virginia.....Mount your mama" was by far the best

Yeah tough to beat Yellow Ledbetter in this category. There is an entire generation of people who think they know every word, but no two people would have the same words.

In that original clip, when they show Blinded by the Light, they actually are saying douche (though it's revved up, not wrapped up). Springsteen has joked about that several times, about how he wrote it as "revved up like a deuce" but Manfried Man was able to make it popular by singing "revved up like a douche".

There is a song on adult contemporary radio now that I hear at work all the time, not sure who the singer is or the name of the song, but I swear she says "I sharted" about 25 times.

When we were just dating my wife belted out "Dirty Deeds, Thunder Chief" to AC/DC on the radio and I just about wrecked the car... Good times.

I know someone who thought the lyrics to "Tiny Dancer" were "Hold me closer, Tony Danza..."

He thought that Elton had written some kind of love ballad to Tony Danza.

A buddy of mine used to do a spoof on Danny's Song" with lyrics like:

People tell me I'm the lucky one
Gonna buy a gun
And shoot a nun

In the morning when we rise
Your breath brings tears to my eyes

Back