• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Miss St. FB Penalties..Wake related

Mbadvisor

Reaction score
this just in--the last item

Mississippi State Football Penalties Announced
Published: June 7, 2013

By BRAD LOCKE — Northeast MississippiDaily Journal

The NCAA has announced penalties for Mississippi State relating to an investigation into the recruitment of a student-athlete.

MSU was cited for a booster making recruiting contact with a "top football prospect," and former assistant coach Angelo Mirando was cited for unethical conduct for failing to report the booster's activities. Here are the penalties, as contained in the NCAA Committee of Infractions report:

n Public reprimand and censure.

n Two years of probation from June 7, 2013 through June 6, 2015.

n A one-year show-cause order for the former assistant coach, which prevents him from recruiting activities and booster interaction.

n A reduction of the number of official visits to 39, from the four-year average of 41, for the 2012-13

and 2013-14 academic years (Self-imposed by the university).

n Four fewer recruiting days during the spring evaluation period, from 168 to 164, for the 2013-14 academic year (Self-imposed by the university).

n Two fewer scholarships, from 85 to 83, for the 2012-13 academic year (Self-imposed by the university).

n A reduction in the number of initial and total scholarships by two, from 25 to 23 and 85 to 83, respectively, for the 2013-14 academic year (Self-imposed by the university).

n For the first two conference contests of the 2013 season, complimentary admissions to football recruits will be prohibited (Self-imposed by the university).

n Disassociation of the booster by the university's athletics program. Details of the disassociation can be found in the public report (Self-imposed by the university).

n Forfeit 2011 Music City Bowl game to opponent, Wake Forest University.

Read more here: http://www.sunherald.com/2013/06/07/4720125/mississippi-state-football-penalties.html#storylink=cpy

weird - the part about the forfeit must have got removed bc i don't see it in the link.

WFU, gotta start from somewhere I surmise...from a negative to a positive, could provide an impetus for a terrific season...no I am being sarcastic; but always wish the best for Grobe...@ least he is a "class act"

We have plenty of room in our trophy case. We'll just move the guitar over some. Wasn't it MSU who brought up the allegation of Cam Newton being paid off by Auburn? If they look up to the sky in Starksville, they'll see a War Eagle circling above.

A forfeit just changes their W to an L. It doesn't change our L to a W, or so I recall reading about past NCAA punishments.

I remember sarcastically making a comment about a forfeit being inevitable when leaving the stadium in a sour mood that night.

I gotta fever ... and the only prescription ... is more cowbell!!

Back