• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MLB.TV for PS3

WilmingtonDeac

Reaction score
I'm thinking about purchasing this tonight, just wondering if anyone used it and if so what are your impressions of it? It looks awesome, just wondering if there are any drawbacks that I'm not realizing...

On an aside, does anybody have a log-in for regular MLB.tv? I'll throw you some bones.

I've used it on the PS3 and it's pretty good. To a certain extent it still looks like streaming video (HQ, but occasional choppiness), but the price difference between it and extra innings would be worth it to me.

nice i did not know they had this, i am totally gonna download the app when i get home today.

I've used it on the PS3 and it's pretty good. To a certain extent it still looks like streaming video (HQ, but occasional choppiness), but the price difference between it and extra innings would be worth it to me.

Pretty much all of this is spot on.

I have a Premium MLB.TV subscription this year, use it mostly on the PS3 and love it. One drawback is blackouts.

I'm in Greensboro and just never imagined that the Nationals would be blacked out here, maybe the Braves, but not the Nats. Yes, I should have double checked, but didn't. And I guess I didn't realize that every single game would be blacked out, so that's my bad. But in Greensboro the Nats and O's are blacked out. I'm a big Marlins fan, so not a huge problem for me, except when the Fish play the Nats. But when we were living in DC, my wife became a Nats fan and was upset about the blackouts; but if TWC ever gets their act together, we're actually supposed to get MASN here in NC and that would solve that issue. So depending on where you live and who you want to watch, that could be a deal breaker. For example, in Charlotte the Braves, Nats, O's and Reds are all blacked out. You can still get the live scoring on your computer, live audio and live in-game "look ins" during crucial moments of any game with no blackouts on the computer as well.

Small drawback is every once in a while, the video quality is sub par. I have my PS3 plugged directly into my router, so speed shouldn't be an issue. It rarely lasts long, and since I have premium I can always change feeds and that usually solves it.

And I paid $120 for the year, so sorry, I'm not giving out my log-in info and risk losing it and then having to explain to the wife why she let me spend $120, can't watch the Nats and I can't even use it anymore.

Hope that helps.

I have a Premium MLB.TV subscription this year, use it mostly on the PS3 and love it. One drawback is blackouts.

I'm in Greensboro and just never imagined that the Nationals would be blacked out here, maybe the Braves, but not the Nats. Yes, I should have double checked, but didn't. And I guess I didn't realize that every single game would be blacked out, so that's my bad. But in Greensboro the Nats and O's are blacked out. I'm a big Marlins fan, so not a huge problem for me, except when the Fish play the Nats. But when we were living in DC, my wife became a Nats fan and was upset about the blackouts; but if TWC ever gets their act together, we're actually supposed to get MASN here in NC and that would solve that issue. So depending on where you live and who you want to watch, that could be a deal breaker. For example, in Charlotte the Braves, Nats, O's and Reds are all blacked out. You can still get the live scoring on your computer, live audio and live in-game "look ins" during crucial moments of any game with no blackouts on the computer as well.

Small drawback is every once in a while, the video quality is sub par. I have my PS3 plugged directly into my router, so speed shouldn't be an issue. It rarely lasts long, and since I have premium I can always change feeds and that usually solves it.

And I paid $120 for the year, so sorry, I'm not giving out my log-in info and risk losing it and then having to explain to the wife why she let me spend $120, can't watch the Nats and I can't even use it anymore.

Hope that helps.

Just FYI, I've split an account with at least three people for the last few years and we've never had a problem.

But yeah, blackouts are a bitch.

Just FYI, I've split an account with at least three people for the last few years and we've never had a problem.

Yeah, I've used my brother's account a few times this year on the computer, would it be possible for both of us to use our PS3's with the same subscription? I was going to try this but saw where you had to "Register Your PS3" and didn't know if it would be possible to have 2 PS3's registered to the same login...

Yeah, I've used my brother's account a few times this year on the computer, would it be possible for both of us to use our PS3's with the same subscription? I was going to try this but saw where you had to "Register Your PS3" and didn't know if it would be possible to have 2 PS3's registered to the same login...
that might be different. I only watch on a computer, so I don't know about having two PS3s on the same account.

ya i have had mlb tv for 3 years and have always given out my information to buddies. It allows me to diffray the costs. Premium is awesome considering I do not have high def tv. Of all the sport's products it is by and far the best when considering cost and quality. I highly recommend it.

Just be aware that mlb.tv streamed over devices other than PCs has a mixed track record in terms of reliability and picture quality. The PS3 is supposedly better than the roku (which, as I have personally attested, was terrible last year), but just keep that in mind.

Might not have any luck tonight. Playstation Network is down. No online gaming. I can't even get on my Netflix or Hulu on there.

Might not be restored till tomorrow. LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NEG REP, PLAYSTATION

Back