• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MoH Bowl - Nikita, Olson, Redding on roster

leftcoastdeac

Robert O'Kelley
Reaction score
Didn't see this posted anywhere, but it appears Nikita, Olson and Redding are on the roster for this weekend's Medal of Honor bowl being played at the Citadel stadium in Charleston.

http://www.mohbowl.com/team-rosters/

For Charleston Deacs, there is a player meet and greet on Wednesday night at The Alley. I would assume these guys would be there since practices started today.

Of note, Nikita appears on the roster as a TE-FB.

Man, I really hope he has a monster game and continues to make people take notice. Whitlock would look awesome in a Bears uniform. He'd bring some life and leadership to that team.

You all have had plenty of Deacon FB/TEs. Share with the rest of the league.

Didn't see this posted anywhere, but it appears Nikita, Olson and Redding are on the roster for this weekend's Medal of Honor bowl being played at the Citadel stadium in Charleston.

For Charleston Deacs, there is a player meet and greet on Wednesday night at The Alley. I would assume these guys would be there since practices started today.

Is the game televised? I'd love to watch him line up at FB.

Said it on a thread about a week ago, heard from a member of our staff midseason that NFL scouts expressed interest in Nikita as a FB. Not sure he is going to get a shot at DT in the league.

Said it on a thread about a week ago, heard from a member of our staff midseason that NFL scouts expressed interest in Nikita as a FB. Not sure he is going to get a shot at DT in the league.

I think he might could play D-line in the NFL, situationally. However, I just don't think GM's and NFL head coaches could get past his size.

He'd probably look good as a MLB in a 4-3 Tampa-2 style D. He's got the speed and is a damn good tackler. If he could adeptly pick up reading the nuances of NFL offensive sets (recognizing zone, man-to, pass-rush etc), he could flourish in a 4-3 like Miami used to run. Smaller, quicker tacklers who played inside great pass rushing defensive ends. Fuck it- I don't care what his position is. He has earned a shot. I get a great vibe from Nikita.

Just a reminder about the meet & greet tonight for any Charleston area Deacs. Not sure I'll be able to make it, but I'm going to try.

Guy I work with has a daughter who is trying to get a college softball scholly. She works out at the same strength and conditioning place in Alpharetta where Nikita is this winter to get ready for the draft. According to guy I work with Nikita is killing it and has really impressed at least the workout peeps.

Left the game with 10 minutes in the 3rd quarter (weather's about to get nasty). Olson had a few tackles, Redding broke up a pass and assisted on a couple of tackles, and Nikita was working on the D-line and special teams; I didn't see him line up once on offense.

Decent enough football to watch before NLF playoffs start. There were several (6-7) Medal of Honor recipients that were honored before the game which was cool to see. I hope this bowl gets some momentum; it seemed really well run and is a nice chance for some of these guys to get some late season PT.

Question - I thought the NCAA wouldn't play games in South Carolina because of the Rebel flag? I guess this classifies as a post-grad bowl and gets around that restriction? Interesting move and good for the State.

Back